Nissan GT-R Forum banner

How much did you put down to hold your GT-R

2K views 29 replies 26 participants last post by  max_R35 
#1 ·
So my Nissan dealership said I had to put down 10K to secure my car. Is this right or is my Nissan Dealership just wanting more money?

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
I've heard different things from different dealerships.

One dealer wanted a $5k NON-refundable deposit. They gave me a basic three sentence handwritten "contract" and I laughed at them (I'm an attorney). I prepared my own three page formal agreement and gave it to them for their signature. They ran it by their owner and attorneys and they didn't want to sign it. We ended up going back and forth for a little while...

I was getting tired of that, so I ended up finding a different dealer and they only wanted a $1k refundable deposit (that I put on a credit card so I could dispute it just in case). I ended up buying my car from them.

#10 ·
$1,000 check that hasn't been cashed yet.

#12 ·
with interest rates where they are now you're losing about 10 cents......

#28 · (Edited by Moderator)
Since I was competing for a car that was on their way to the dealer, I put $5000 on my credit card (refundable)...the other guy was out of state and only promised a $10000 deposit on 2 GTRs (one on the dealer floor and the other on the incoming GTR). Since I was in their showroom and had money in hand they gave the other guy until 5pm to come in with the deposit. The other guy couldn't come up with the money until the next week so they opted for me.

#29 · (Edited by Moderator)
$5k refundable back in 2008 for the Red 09. I was lucky to find my white 2010 at Woodmen Nissan in Colorado 2 years ago so just a payment was required

#30 ·
10% which equates to about $12K

Rule imposed by the central back and ministry of commerce due to people putting down $1K deposits and selling their allocation for more than $10K

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.