Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hi everyone,
I'm in the market for a GTR. I hear the 2013-2014 are the most aggressive. What price should I aim for and how many km? Should I be worried about buying private at all? I found one with IPE exhaust and 7000 miles. What should I offer him?

Another one tuned to 700hp and exhaust around 15000 miles. How much of a risk am I taking for major repairs?

What price should I aim for ? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
113 Posts
No such thing as bang of the buck in the GTR world lol

I don't see anyone rebuilding transmissons for under 2k lol which is considered " bang of the buck"

Your looking at 6k- 15k on rebuilding a transmisson depending on what broke

Engine issues? I have no clue I think you would be screwed having to buy a new block and crank which can cost upwards to 10k

·
Registered
259 Posts
No such thing as bang of the buck in the GTR world lol

I don't see anyone rebuilding transmissons for under 2k lol which is considered " bang of the buck"

Your looking at 6k- 15k on rebuilding a transmisson depending on what broke

Engine issues? I have no clue I think you would be screwed having to buy a new block and crank which can cost upwards to 10k
Hah yeah I know that. What I meant for best bank for your buck, was taking the least ding in the depreciation world! I'm currently waiting for my other car that was hit by an idiot. I lost so much depreciation on it and now it has an accident under its title I'm just afraid to buy new. It's taking up to 3-4 months to have it repaired because of back ordered parts.

But I'm also looking at the new 2017 GTR but have been told it's slower, softer and quieter? That's kind of turning me off from buying a new one. I heard 2013 and 2014 were the best models made so far. But what I'm worried about is, buying a tuned to 700hp 2014 model with 35,000km on it and then finding out it needs engine/tranny repairs and then I'm out $20,000+ for repairs. Can't decide what to do.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
The GTR stock suits the needs of many owners. Being stock does improve reliability without question.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
This thread gives me a headache. Just go look at all the cars in the for sale thread. You'll have an idea of what they're going for. If your modding, it doesn't really matter what yr as long as it's a DBA. Shit, even a CBA will be about as fast with the same mods. Just go and find the best looking, lowest mile car, for the best price. Just because you buy a... Let's say... 2013, doesn't mean your tranny will last longer than a 2012 or 2014. It just all fucking depends. Do your due diligence and buy the best car you can find and afford

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.