Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wonderin i have stock block n runnin on 93 oct whats the max psi u can go with 93oct..im makin 661whp with 20psi..was wonderin so i can crank it up a lil more

·
O_o
1,657 Posts
Ask your tuner

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just want to see what peep say..i know my tuner knows but just n idea to ask peep on here..

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just wonderin how them guys on the fourm b runnin in the 9s with a stock block n stock tranny(some) ..i know alot are runnin on e85 n 109..im doing 109 tune next week but i just want to see what i can do with 93oct..i see ams runnin in the 9s with 93oct on thier alpa9 n i preety much got the same set up.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
The AMS Alpha 9 that ran 9.95 on pump gas that you're referring to has:

Lighter wheels, R compound Tires/Drag radials, Carbon Kevlar Hood, Carbon Kevlar Trunk, Carbon Kevlar Roof, No rear wing, and probably a light weight racing seat.

Just by using 18" wheel and tire combo's you can easily shave 100 lbs of rotational mass off the car. Front seats are 67 lbs each......Aftermarket Exhaust can shaves another 25 lbs. Those weight reduction items alone would shave a 1/2 second off your current times, then add the benefit of sticky tires.....

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
How, because they are on the throttle less than 11 seconds. They will not pull to high speeds as you are in DRAG Mode.

i just wonderin how them guys on the fourm b runnin in the 9s with a stock block n stock tranny(some) ..i know alot are runnin on e85 n 109..im doing 109 tune next week but i just want to see what i can do with 93oct..i see ams runnin in the 9s with 93oct on thier alpa9 n i preety much got the same set up.

·
@LaserGeorge
107 Posts
I'm running similar high 9's on completely stock block, stock wheels with stock runflat tires, full interior (yes, both seats and all original), wing in place (too lazy to remove), etc, etc.

All with poor 1.65-1.7- 60' times on soft LC2. This is AAM GT-900R package on MS109. So it can be done without hacking up the car or sacrificing any comfort or drivability. Having just discovered LC4, I am certain this can be improved.

Rods? I am sure they are unhappy, but I'll report on them when I decide I need more power and jump into those internals and can measure them.

FYI: I only run 18PSI on 93. I only turn up boost with 109. So maybe I push 109 too far, but don't push 93 hard enough?

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
It's the torque that will kill your rods. Most tuners say anything over 575tq to the wheels and your rods will start to bend.

It's just a matter of time until BOOM after that.....

I think more and more people have had problems with their rods but just don't post about it on the forums...

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I agree with Church, I have not seem many threads about blown or damaged engines. With the amount of modded cars on this forum I'm suprised there are not more posts about engine damage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.