Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting conflicting information.

I want AMS non-catted downs to put to my GReddy exhaust. New Injectors and E85 Conversion and a retune of my Cobb to accommodate it.

How much should I pay? I am thinking $5500 at the most.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
AMS DPs can go for about $1100, ASNU 1100cc injectors around $750, GotBoost Flex Fuel kit $700, retune is tuner fee-dependent, but call it $600 - $3150 total for parts, installation is extra. $5500 you'll pay too much, even with installation.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AMS DPs can go for about $1100, ASNU 1100cc injectors around $750, GotBoost Flex Fuel kit $700, retune is tuner fee-dependent, but call it $600 - $3150 total for parts, installation is extra. $5500 you'll pay too much, even with installation.
Thanks.

I do mean all parts new and installed. Any tuners within reasonable driving distance of Memphis besides Forged?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Not familiar with any TN-based tuning shops. Would you consider e-tune if there's nothing close? Also, you didn't list fuel pumps - required if going to E85, so add $300+ for them. If you're up for some DIY you can cut install costs as well - did my own fuel pumps using the DIY here and the flex fuel kits are pretty easy to do with simple tools. Even injectors can be done - would beg off DIY DP installation as it's a frustrating process for most, although several have successfully DIY'd them as well. Was happy to pay for that installation personally, especially since the dreaded "stripped bolt" happened on one of mine.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Just for comparison, had the following purchase and installed for abut $5500:

GTC DPs
GotBoost MP and intakes
ASNU 110cc injectors
EcuTek plus 91 pump tune

Spent another $1400 for GotBoost flex kit, ASNU 330L pumps and FF retune - did the pump/FF kit install myself.

Stock to FBO E85 on OEM catback all-in at about $7K

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
I Haul Ass
1,871 Posts
I don't think you'd go wrong with any of the shops mentioned in this thread for your project. Give each a shout, and decide for yourself which one you gel with best.

·
gta88ws6
832 Posts
You'll need fuel pumps too!

Jomer at fredbeans parts is a great dude to get to know for parts fyi...

·
Registered
153 Posts
My vote goes to DBW as they are knowledgeable and extremely ethical. Not knocking any others mentioned, just stating they get my vote in that area as they are at the top of their field.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got a fair deal on the setup. Going under the knife next week in Atlanta. Doing a few other items as well.

GFYS

1 - 14 of 14 Posts