Nissan GT-R Forum banner

How much will the dealer come off of their sticker price?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  cuhrupt 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I plan on buying a 2010-12 within the next month, and have never really haggled with a dealer. But if I can turn $85K into $82K, or $73K into $70K, I'm all ears.

Tell me how to haggle dealers and how much is realistic to offer on a 2010-12 GT-R based on what the dealer is asking. I'm finding some 2010 models for $80K which I think is ridiculous. I plan on buying a low mileage car, less than 10K miles if I can get away with it.

Thanks guys.

#2 ·
if your after a low mileage used car i would suggest buying private and not even messing with the dealer.. aslong as you do your research on the car and buy from a owner who has all the history available you will do much better with price that way

#3 ·
1. Have financing in hand so dealer knows you are ready to deal. Last 2 cars I did a deal on, I already secured financing before I started talking to a dealer. They felt more secure that they weren't wasting time and I was motivated so they were motivated to work with me. Also, they knew I could also be motivated to do #2.
2. Be ready to walk away from a deal...be patient.

PS. If you don't have financing in hand, know your credit worthiness before you walk in...

#4 ·
My credit is around 780 with all 3 bureaus and the financing is a sure bet with my bank, I'll be sure to add that to the price that I offer. Should I start with shaving $2K off whatever price they offer in hopes they'll accept?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.