Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow mid 50's? I was thinking 59 would be a good deal? Would that be paying way too much?

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I would not buy it without taking a good look at it.....

·
Founder/Admin
26,252 Posts
wow mid 50's? I was thinking 59 would be a good deal? Would that be paying way too much?
well i mean when i say mid 50's 57+ ish is more what i was thinking.... the 26K mileage point is what for sure puts is sub 60K for me.... the 2K or so either way is gonna be more to do with condition of tires fluid services and just overall condition of the car.....

·
Registered
341 Posts
well i mean when i say mid 50's 57+ ish is more what i was thinking.... the 26K mileage point is what for sure puts is sub 60K for me.... the 2K or so either way is gonna be more to do with condition of tires fluid services and just overall condition of the car.....
Ah ok I see. The salesperson said he will get back to me tomorrow about the tires and brakes.

·
Founder/Admin
26,252 Posts
Do you know something about the car? If you do please share..I'm seriously considering it..

Ah ok I see. The salesperson said he will get back to me tomorrow about the tires and brakes.
yea thats a HUGE $ factor right there... also all major fluids should have been done at 18K

thats why its hard to throw out and exact price as 59K with good tires and brakes and fresh fluids is still maybe a bit much doable.... but 59K with half bald tires and worn brakes... you will have mid 60's into it before its back to good

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Tough to say ....

If it was 1 or 2 owners, private party , where you could get a good history on maintenance and any other issues, good tires and brakes, nice body and interior, no paint, flicker data good without significant tracking, I would say 60 ish.

If all the above are not true, it's a different ballgame.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Dang I bought my 09 SS w/ 16k miles for 62k 6 months ago. I thought I was getting a good deal, looked for 3 or 4 months. Has intakes/full exhaust/cobb/exterior cosmetic stuff. Though I am up to 22k miles now. NADA says 58k avg trade in w/ 30k miles.

I would say its a pretty good deal at mid - high 50s, and a fair price @ what they are asking. Plus the 18k mile service has been done, which is ~1k right there.

Also: Why is everyone always scared of GTR's with miles on them? Not that 20-30k is a lot of miles. I really haven't had any issues with this one yet.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Also: Why is everyone always scared of GTR's with miles on them? Not that 20-30k is a lot of miles. I really haven't had any issues with this one yet.
I bought my 09 GTR 2 weeks ago with almost 44k miles, Car runs and drives great, If a car was taken care of, miles aren't really a big deal,

Also one with more miles then mine sold on ebay 2 weeks ago for a little over 56k,

·
Registered
977 Posts
If the car has tires and has been serviced recently 57 to 59 K is a good deal. High miles are not a problem, just the current condition of the fluids and tires. Good luck!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm hoping to get it in the 57-59 range, if I do decide to pull the trigger. Just hope the tires and brakes are still in good condition.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I'm hoping to get it in the 57-59 range, if I do decide to pull the trigger. Just hope the tires and brakes are still in good condition.
i honestly don't think the dealer is going to come down to that from the 64k (just about) they are asking for it, But good luck to you

·
Registered
292 Posts
I bought my 09 GTR 2 weeks ago with almost 44k miles, Car runs and drives great, If a car was taken care of, miles aren't really a big deal,

Also one with more miles then mine sold on ebay 2 weeks ago for a little over 56k,
Congrats, guessing you are loving it so far?

Took me a while to get used to all the attention, still is weird sometimes. Though the questions annoy me. #1 how much did it cost #2 How much do you make #3 How old are you? Pretty much in that order, and the only performance questions are "How many HP does it make?".

Thats what I was thinking with the mileage. The only annoying things are the service intervals/brakes and tires. It has had less issues then my BMW during the same timeframe.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Just picked up one last month from a Nissan dealership. 09 with 24.5k. paid 65, but I have all the service records, clear bra on front end and partial rear, backup camera, tires are pretty much new, and all services were completed. Paid a little on the high end, but with everything included, I am happy with the deal.

The main thing is if you are happy with the price, that's all that matters. Someone will get it cheaper, someone will paid more for it.

During my search, GT-R prices are all over the place, finding a median is going to be pretty difficult.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Just picked up one last month from a Nissan dealership. 09 with 24.5k. paid 65, but I have all the service records, clear bra on front end and partial rear, backup camera, tires are pretty much new, and all services were completed. Paid a little on the high end, but with everything included, I am happy with the deal.

The main thing is if you are happy with the price, that's all that matters. Someone will get it cheaper, someone will paid more for it.

During my search, GT-R prices are all over the place, finding a median is going to be pretty difficult.
+1 on this Too. With little GTR's dealers price them however they want.. I paid 69K (before taxes) for my 2010 Prem. with 10K Miles. Good tires and brakes and service history as well.. While i think i could have got a better deal, im still happy with my purchase.

Back to the topic

I wouldn't pay a cent over 59K considering the miles it has and the year it is.. Get it properly inspected as well. And if it has had 2 Owners, then definitely i wouldn't pay over 59k

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the dealer still hasn't sent me any of the info I requested. I looked at the carfax and its a one-owner, clean no-accident history.

·
Registered
705 Posts
be sure to at least get service history, also ask them to read the blackbox if they are willing to to see if the car has ever been launched or VDC has been turned off and so on.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts