Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to search but could not find anything, I am getting a low brake fluid light and my dealer can't see me until Monday, I called them and they suggested I check for leaks which there are none and just add a little fluid (until they could do a complete drain and refill which I am due for anyway). They said It is also triggering the VDC malfunction code which they indicated is a byproduct of the low brake fluid. Does anyone have any clear instructions how to top off the brake fluid so I can see how if that fixes the issue? I will have a full fluid replacement on Monday, but want to drive the car this weekend with the nice weather.

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Have you checked the reservoir for the brake fluid? If you look in the engine bay there is a compartment on the driverside nearest the window which will have a panel covering it. Take that off and you should be able to see the fluid level.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I filled as mentioned and whola both lights are now out (brake fluid and VDC). Thanks again! (felt like a big "dufus" when I saw the "BRAKE FLUID" sign on the panel!

·
Registered
13 Posts
brake fluid dun need to add normally, its to be replaced.

if the fluid getting lower, mean ur pad is wearing. at the time the fluid reached 'low' level, mean ur pad is worn....if im not mistaken.

unless there is leakage in the brake system, then u will need to top it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts