Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I've been VERY interested in getting a gun permit and carry a gun.

I have NO idea about guns, but I want to learn and be legally able to carry one.

I would really appreciate the advice.

So start off, where do I go to get the permit? What type of training is involved? How long does it take to get the permit? etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Google it dude.

·
Sobchak Security
3,531 Posts
I think in CA, you have to have reason to carry.

Such as, you carry lots of cash due to work. It's probably the hardest state to get a carry permit in.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I have NO idea about guns, but I want to learn and be legally able to carry one.
For the love of god you have no business carrying a firearm.

I suggest you have someone with a very large gun collection get you used to guns. I have been raised around them all my life and many of my family is in the military. There is extreme respect due for firearms. The best thing you can do is educate yourself. Also you live in California, you will never get a CCW. I say never because it took me over a year to get one. I had death threats made to me and was at the time making deposits of 50k in cash a week. Even that wasnt a good enough reason for California.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Move to Florida

·
Registered
387 Posts
Move to OK or Texas--concealed permit is very easy here...oh and BTW, our murder rates are much lower than the left coast (or the east coast) with all of their gun laws.

Always have utmost respect for the gun and only shoot with an instructor at a range until you are 100% comfortable.

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Sobchak Security
3,531 Posts
New York will be easier to get a carry permit.

As long as a court has not declared you mentally incompetent, and you don't have any "illegal" addictions then you are good.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I live in Illinois the only state not to have any form of CC, so there are groups here that give the class for Utah and Florida permits, because they will issue them to out of state residents and are good in something like 35 states. Thats prob what I'll be doing so that any time I go else where I can carry.

·
Sobchak Security
3,531 Posts
So since the gun laws are so strict in Illinois, did they stop having gun crime?

·
Registered
194 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts