Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Hey girl, you got a soccer ball? Thought maybe we
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, my silicon pipe connectors keep popping off. Hair spray doesn't work and I'm already using t clamps. I'm going to try longer silicon connectors. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Strap them on the joints that are the worse.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
909 Posts
I have the same issue........

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I had this issue with OEM after I did my injectors. I had to clean and retighten multiple times until it finally stayed put. Very annoying.

·
Lake Bum
2,747 Posts
Buy quality parts, seriously, there is ZERO reason for you to lose an intercooler pipe other than improperly tightening a clamp or crap quality of fitment and bead rolling.
Agree.

First leaking fuel rail / injectors and now this. Seems your car has been nothing but problems.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
This may sound obvious, but make sure the clamp is not on the bead.

- Michael

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
This may sound obvious, but make sure the clamp is not on the bead.

- Michael
You can also use some of that green bead sealer that they sell at Walmart. usually guys running 40 to 50 psi are the only one needing such things so you may want to check the basics like clamps and clamp placement first.

·
Hey girl, you got a soccer ball? Thought maybe we
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mine are popping off at the throttle body mainly and then also down that tube a bit to the second connection part. After inspecting today I saw a lot of oil inside of the tubes and my catch can is pretty much dry.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Mine are popping off at the throttle body mainly and then also down that tube a bit to the second connection part. After inspecting today I saw a lot of oil inside of the tubes and my catch can is pretty much dry.
Don't you have the bushur catch can? Maybe the oil is from before or was it all cleaned out?

I have the modified gotboost setup with vented oil cap and stock pcv and no oil getting into the intake tract. You most definitely shouldn't be getting any oil if you are using the bushur catch can unless from before. I don't imagine it could be from the turbos?

·
Registered
161 Posts
clean it all the oil from the tubes, clean the couplers & pipes, make sure everything is centered before you start tightening, once you put it all back together do a few heat cycles no wot, I had to do this in the dsm days!!
or go with a hump coupling

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Post a pic of the hose clamped to the throttle body as well as the other location so we can get a visual of the setup. I don't recommend t-bolt clamps and only use them if they are properly sized. The band on a t-bolt is wide so as Neil pointed out it may be overlapping the bead on the throttle body allowing it to slide off.

Breeze Hi-Torque clamps with liner are pretty much the only clamp I use and the strongest worm style available. Run 34psi daily on the EVO for years with no issue and same clamps I run on the GTR.

·
Registered
909 Posts
No to Hijlack but these are the cupplers that keep popping off for me. I tried hairspray, didn't work... I want to pick up new cupplers as I am thinking maybe they are just worn out but the dealerships I have spoken to have no idea what I'm talking about. Does anyone know the diameter so I can pick up an aftermarket one?

·
Vendor
2,775 Posts
I've had multiple customers in the past years come to me with this same problem. Unfortunately those OEM couplers on the throttle body seem to be becoming a common problem. Funny enough, it always seems to be the driver side that does it.

The new OEM piece is quite a bit of money too, but its an odd shape/bend so its tough to find an aftermarket replacement that fits onto the OEM parts there.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.