Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, my bumper has 5-6 noticeable rock chips on it as of right now, as the previous owner decided not to wrap it i guess

I'm definitely going through with this, but I want to wrap a bumper worth wrapping, as in take care of the existing rock chips before adding a clear bra.

What would be the best option for me to take to make the bumper look pristine? Touch up paint and have it then professionally detailed/buffed? I really want to avoid repainting an OEM painted panel if I can, however I want whats under the clear bra to be in pristine shape and condition before I seal it there for good.

Any advice would be much appreciated

·
Registered
381 Posts
You are going to see exactly what is under the wrap, so prep is very important. Also touch up without wet sending to make even surface might create bubbles when you wrap it. So it is best to wrap the car when freshly bought or polished.

I see your signature with a white GTR, people won't notice swirl marks or stone chips easily.

If you are a beginner, touch up the paint with small brush (not the one comes with it), and use glaze to hide all swirls and use sealant + wax to be pristine.

Do you have the picture of your front bumper?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts