Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I remember once I had taken off the leather dash to try and remove the air vents but no matter how hard I tried to push them out (from the rear out to the front) the vents wouldn't come out past maybe like .25 to .5 inches out. So I gave the entire piece to a guy who did the A/C vent rings wrapping for me with a vinyl. Now I got carbon fiber pieces coming in the mail but I'll have to take the old ones out (again... but completely this time) Because I have to send my OEM pieces back.

Has anyone or does anyone know how to do it so I don't break any of the air vents plastic pieces/housing? Thanks!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it turns out that it's not that bad. Once you get both the dash pieces off (drivers side and passenger side) you just take a look at the back and realize that there are 4 clips that need to be compressed and pushed out. I remember I was weary at first because as I pulled out the vents it looked like the clips were going to rip off the leather but that's ok, just keep pulling and the leather will come out inverted. (Don't worry though because when the vent is out you can push the leather pieces back in as long as nothing ripped)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts