Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Finally got around to having my top racing mirrors painted and plan to do the swap over the weekend

I know I'll have to remove the door trim to get to the mirror base bolts. Can anyone tell me how to remove the guts out of the mirror - the glass and motor?

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Hi guys

Finally got around to having my top racing mirrors painted and plan to do the swap over the weekend

I know I'll have to remove the door trim to get to the mirror base bolts. Can anyone tell me how to remove the guts out of the mirror - the glass and motor?
correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure the mirror cover and the mirror "guts" are all one unit and are removed as one

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
yes but i need to transfer the guts into the new case

looking at the screw threads in the top racing mirrors, it looks like the glass needs to be popped out first, then the motor unscrewed from the case

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
oh, hmm, didnt know this was possible, i had the mirror casing crack off the "guts" so i have a passenger side mirror out of a two piece casing, didn't look like it was able to actually come out

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers, cant wait to get these on

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was under the impression that you can't remove the mirror casing without removing the actual mirror off the door? Jeez... woulda saved me some time not having to disassemble the entire door (to get to the 3 screws holding the mirror to the door you need to pop the actual door window off). lol

·
Registered
883 Posts
domino, were you able to remove the guts of the mirror without removing the inside door panel?

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
domino, were you able to remove the guts of the mirror without removing the inside door panel?
removing the door panel is a must

you also have to remove the plastic tweeter trim + metal door support beam that sits just under the window, to access the bolts for the mirror base and also to disconnect the wiring harness

the harness is larger than the hole in the mirror base, so you cant simply unscrew the motor and pull the wiring out. You need to either slice the harness off and resolder the 6 or so wires once you're done, or use a terminal puller to remove the wires from the harness

·
Registered
883 Posts
Thanks domino. Seems like quite bit of work to get the mirrors transplanted. Any pics of yours mounted yet?

·
Cuban FlyBoy
702 Posts
Ive searched everywhere but I cant seem to find one....Does anyone have a HOW TO? On removing the Side mirrors and the glass from them?

Thank You!!!

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
this should help you

the gtr mirror is no different. the top side has a hinge, the left/right and bottom have push in style clips - you can use any of these sides to pry it off

you have to put quite alot of pressure back on the glass to snap it back into place - my tip is to heat the back of the glass so the plastic clips soften and have some give

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.