Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to remove the interior door panels on a GTR to get the Side Mirror off. I have searched all over the net and cannot find any information or how-to's on removing them. I have gotten the 2 bolts behind the arm rest and the 2 pull pins on the sides of the panel...but cannot find anything else. Anyone have any information on how to remove the panels?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
There are a total of 4 bolts that secure the door to the frame, IIRC there is one to the left and right of the arm rest. Use a flashlight and take a closer look and you should be able to see them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are a total of 4 bolts that secure the door to the frame, IIRC there is one to the left and right of the arm rest. Use a flashlight and take a closer look and you should be able to see them.
Yeah, I got the two directly behind the arm rest...but for the light of me, with a flashlight, I could not see another bolt. I found a weird, and extremely strong clip, at the lower left section of the door. It was just behind the courtesy light, but had no idea how it removes and it looks to be attached to the door panel.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My bad, I meant behind the door handle, there are two screws behind the pull handle door trim. You have to carefully take the trim off. Below is a link to Dave's stereo install, look at post number 28 and you will see the two screws that need to be removed.

http://www.nagtroc.o...ed/page__st__20
Thanks. That guys post got me the side mirror off in about 20-30 minutes.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
bump, any guide on how to remove the door panels? I need to replace my arm rest. Link above does not work.
I remember seeing a youtube video posted by a member showing how a bunch of the interior panels come off. I looked for about 5 mins, but couldnt really find it. Hopefully another member who knows what i'm talking about can chime in with the link

·
Registered
921 Posts
Yeah once the four bolts are removed from the handle trim the door trim just starts popping off. You'll have to take the small speaker off too but that is one little screw.

Be careful with the door as the little plastic pins like to snap off.

To get it fully off you'll have to disconnect the door trim from the locking mechanism but it's pretty straight forward once you see it. Just look at speaker installs and you'll see how to do it. I've done mine twice. First time took forever now takes me about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
428 Posts
The arm rest is removed by pulling on it towards you as if you were closing the door. You will need to use your feet to hold the door open so it doesn't close while you're pulling on the arm rest with both hands. It's hard at first but once you get it off it's easier the second time. Do not pull the armrest upward or you will break the plastic clips.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.