Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to link house gate with HomeLink... followed the manual & tutorial videos step by step.. even got the right flashing indications but still not working. Any reason why or what I'm missing?? (gate isn't pre 97)

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
What brand and is it a rolling code opener?

·
Shaolin Shadowboxer
246 Posts
I have a 2012 and my garage door opener as well as my front gate opener are not compatible with my car’s Homlink rear view remote. Both are MyQ enabled Liftmaster products. I just keep the standard three button remote on the visor in the GTR.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
In both my 15 &16, I haven't had any issues pairing to the three Lifemaster 8500 openers with MyQ. Is there a difference between the various GTR model year Homelink units?

There is an extra step involved to finalize the pairing as simply pairing the remote to Homelink isn't enough. The Homelink must pair to the opener with an additional step at the end.

Enable Learn mode on the opener control panel.

Pair garage remote to Homelink by holding both remote and Homelink buttons until fast blink starts on Homelink.

*Push the Homelink button for a second or two to pair to the opener control panel while opener panel is still blinking on learn mode.

Now try to open/close the garage. This is what works for me in all of our cars.

The * step is what I've seen most people skip which only gets you 90% there. The Homelink learns the remote but the Homelink doesn't get paired to the opener when that step is skipped.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
my 2015 is also not working with some of the newer garage doors

·
Registered
288 Posts
Purchased a Home Link Repeater and it solved my problem, check HERE
My 13 worked for a short while before it suddenly just stopped, and nothing i did made it work with my new Chamberlain , got this and problem solved! I also found this solution on this forum.

Anyone who has this problem, Connect the Home link repeater to the Garage opener and you car connects to the repeater 100% easy simple solution.

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
true, found an extra step (not from Nissan). After the first 2 steps linking the remote to the homelink below additional. I'll look at the door opener once i get home, to figure out if its a rolling code opener or not.

Locate the learn code button on your garage door opener. (These are located under the light cover or on the rear panel depending on model)

Press the learn code button on the garage door opener, a red LED will start to blink. (You will have 30 seconds to complete programming.

While the LED on the garage door opener is blinking, return to the vehicle and press the pre-programmed Homelink® button 4 times. (Or until the garage door operates).

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So mine is a swing gate from “CAME” couldn’t find any SKU your where to pop open the motor… but looks very similar to this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts