Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I am considering changing over (for racing purposes only as we have no pump E85 in the UK just 25 litre packs of race gas E85 ) to E85 on my 2010. I've heard a number of guys on here mentioning the performance gain for TQ and HP to be around 8%. Does anyone have a view or even better some dyno graphs that show the gain by moving from 93 Octane to E85. Kind of a before and after comparison.

·
I'm everywhere.
857 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I picked up 50whp and 75wtq switching from 91 to E85 on the same boost levels on the same day.

These numbers are what the car makes at 6000ft elevation.

Here's another comparison, my 09 on E85 vs a 2012 with mid-pipe.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for sharing Scuba.... What I really like about the E85 mod is the gains appear to be across the whole of the power / torque band. How good is that????.....There's few, if any apart from new turbos or nitro's, bolt on's that will give such broad gains over 91/93

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
NICE.

I love E85 in my car, keeps the temps a bit cooler (more consistent performance), turbos spool faster, and 30-50hp. May not sound like a ton, but the gain picks up over the entire power band.
The "area under the curves" when comparing the two graphs is what is amazing. Not a single place on the curve where the pump gas has an advantage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.