Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been driving a WRX STI for a while, and I'm ready to upgrade to a GTR.

Any Huntsville, Alabama GTR owners here?

If so, any recommendations on where to buy my GTR...where to get it serviced...etc.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'm in Montgomery, but that is a good distance away.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Through a mutual friend, I'm in contact with ToastZ, and thanks to him, I've been put in contact with Sharif and Forged Performance....Hoping to pick up a 13 in the near future.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Great choice and good luck. Can't wait to see a new 2013 cruising the streets of Huntsville
One thing I wasn't really prepared for was the attention these cars draw when you have them out on the street. You will get used to it but its not necessarily something I was prepared for. Most folks just have never seen a GT-R up close and are not too shy of walking up and asking what it is, how fast is it, how much do they cost, who makes them, why did you buy it, etc, etc, etc,... I still get approached almost every time I have my car out and I've had mine almost two years in Huntsville. Some people ask if they can take pictures and some folks just video you from their car while driving down the street,... I used think this was strange but evidently quite common experience for most GT-R owners.

Good luck on the negotiations with the dealers - you guys should do fine.

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Hi chi welcome to Nagtroc! Looking forward to getting your car squared away for the early part of 2012. You are now a part of the best and most respectful automotive forums in the world.

Why I. I use to be an avid motorcycle racer and I love your knee down picture in your neighborhood.
I also have a 2011 sti as my daily...until the gtr gets here
Have a great weekend.

·
R33 Member
958 Posts
GMG is a great color choice. Good luck!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I live in Huntsville and have owned a white GTR (that both Sharif from forged and topspeed has worked on - Sharif and his crew at forged are _amazing_ highly recommended)

You definitely draw a lot of attention in Huntsville, we will have to meet up. There are now three white ones (myself included, my attorney and a friend in telecom)
All very standup guys and more than happy to help.

Tip #1: Do NOT take your car to Landers in Huntsville, AL. I get service done in Birmingham - they have 3 very knowledgeable techs. I'd also buy the car from Atlanta or Birmingham (I got mine on ebay, heh, but from Atlanta)

Good luck! Give me a shout sometime if you'd like to meetup - it's a great and fun car to have in Huntsville.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I live in Huntsville and have owned a white GTR (that both Sharif from forged and topspeed has worked on - Sharif and his crew at forged are _amazing_ highly recommended)

You definitely draw a lot of attention in Huntsville, we will have to meet up. There are now three white ones (myself included, my attorney and a friend in telecom)
All very standup guys and more than happy to help.

Tip #1: Do NOT take your car to Landers in Huntsville, AL. I get service done in Birmingham - they have 3 very knowledgeable techs. I'd also buy the car from Atlanta or Birmingham (I got mine on ebay, heh, but from Atlanta)

Good luck! Give me a shout sometime if you'd like to meetup - it's a great and fun car to have in Huntsville.
Very Cool. Thanks for the tips. I'm looking forward to joining the club.

·
Sobchak Security
3,531 Posts
Cool Springs is in Franklin, and is right next to the NNA headquarters.

There is also Action and Downtown which are both in Nashville.

Went to school in Birmingham. Purple Onion FTW.

·
Registered
369 Posts
BTW, where in Birmingham do you go to get serviced?

and What about Cool Springs in Nashville...seems closer, and the dealership seems very upscale.
I go to Montgomery as the GTR master tech there is a good friend of mine and I trust him with the car. He's a huge gear head with a 10 sec 300zx, etc.

·
Tokyo Nightmare
1,773 Posts
Welcome, I'm in Nashville.

I personally like the guys at Downtown Nissan, however I'm going to try Coolsprings next since I work one exit.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome. I take my '12 to Cool Springs Nissan since I live in Brentwood, TN. Excellent service so far.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.