Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took nearly a month due to 3 separate repairs but I finally have my new 2012 GT-R. I'm not thrilled with San Leandro Nissan or Nissan NA but at least it's finally fixed. Fortunately after driving it I think it was worth all the trouble and in the end that's all that counts!

Clear side markers already installed but I figured I'd better take pictures while I could.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the end it was a complete fuel tank replacement to correct an evap leak. It literally died on the way home from the dealer on day one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
In the end it was a complete fuel tank replacement to correct an evap leak. It literally died on the way home from the dealer on day one.
That sucks! At least they fixed it, but who wants to spend $90k+ on something to not be able to use it. Hope you're loving it. It looks awesome

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Congrats man . Now time to enjoy it :)

·
AMGfan
2,786 Posts
Congratulations! BTW...did Nissan NA or the dealership give you any swag or service coupon/discount for your trouble?

·
R33 Member
958 Posts
Happy for you. Enjoy and safe ride.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the well wishes. It's definitely nice to join the family!

The S2k is mine but sadly that's more of a good bye photo. It's been flawless for 7 years but about to be sold to offset GT-R costs. I have a feeling I wouldn't be driving it any more.

Hopefully Nissan eventually does something to make up for all of this but so far it appears unlikely. The dealer has never even bothered to return my calls except for the service manager with repair updates. Safe to say my next purchase is going elsewhere.

·
Registered
9 Posts
this looks like the boardwalk nissan unit i was looking at. sorry to hear of the trouble i would have bought it if the internet sales guy had called me back.... 3 days later i had already moved to order a 13 then when price was released jumped on a 12 ss be out of state. glad to hear its fixed now, i hope not to have problems as i have only seen pictures on the net. car should arrive in a couple weeks has 32 miles

1 - 20 of 24 Posts