Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello GTR Life!

I picked up my GTR last week, and I already got use to the power
I been doing some research, and I think for now I am going with a full FBO with flex fuel for E85. The only thing that is holding me back from doing that is the transmission. I been dying to launch the car, but I don't want to spend 20k on a new trans. I know that many of you are either running Shep or Jack transmissions, so maybe y'all can share your thoughts. What stage transmission would best suit a FBO that will be daily driven and not have to worry about launching the car?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Welcome. What year is your GTR and where are you from? Finding a local vendor might be a good starting point for you.

For FBO & E85 you don't really "need" a transmission upgrade, plenty of cars are running around at these power levels on completely stock transmissions (and engines). If you plan to track, launch, and beat the crap out of the car at full power though, it wouldn't hurt, as you can break some things....

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
Welcome. What year is your GTR and where are you from? Finding a local vendor might be a good starting point for you.

For FBO & E85 you don't really "need" a transmission upgrade, plenty of cars are running around at these power levels on completely stock transmissions (and engines). If you plan to track, launch, and beat the crap out of the car at full power though, it wouldn't hurt, as you can break some things....
+1....about everything said. Also curious what year u have..

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

1 - 4 of 4 Posts