Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi Guys: i made last week [email protected] Hope the next time, i can make a better time with the actuators, fuel pumps, Intercooler and e85 gas.
maybe a 18" inches. Heres the video i make by myself, haha. hope you like it.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Nice vid, what was your best time on stock tyres? I'm taking mine to the strip this summer for a run.

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
Nice, who tuned your car? You should be in 9.9-10.1 range once you do the mods you're planning. E85 will definitely make a huge difference. It would be cool if you did the pumps/E85, went back to the strip and got some numbers before doing the FMIC/actuators. I'm curious to see what difference, if any, the FMIC and actuators will make with stock turbos...

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
Nice run Juan!! .....and on pump!!!

Since you already have my intakes you now you need my I/C pipes....sent you a pm!

Did Omar @ Predator tune it?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice run Juan!! .....and on pump!!! Since you already have my intakes you now you need my I/C pipes....sent you a pm! Did Omar @ Predator tune it?
Thanks Dave, i will need it! i will check the msg. Yes Omar @ Predator Performance tune the car.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dave, do you think your 3" IC pipes will make a difference on a maxed out stock turbo GTR? Could the vastly larger piping create lag?
Thats what im thinking...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks Jack, glad to see you in your shop last two weeks, very nice people out there.
My cousin is very happy with the results you did in his gtr with the stock turbos.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Marc you wanna borrow my FMIC while my car is down? Curious to see the results

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
That would be awesome. You have the AMS FMIC right? Which piping/BOVs?

My Performance Box will be here tomorrow. We can do two 1/4 mile runs in each direction on the same exact stretch of road using the same LC with the same launch RPM taking note of the oil/coolant/trans temps and then do everything the same exact way after installing the AMS FMIC. Would be interesting to compare the data logs between the runs.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you CornedOutVR38, I have the stock intercooler, pipings and actuators, except the 2012 inlets pipes. The bov's are GFB, love the sound!
Yesterday i bought the AMS FMIC, i dont planning to get the intercooler piping kit at this moment, thinking stay with the stock ones.

Of course, sounds good we can compare data logs ater installing the mods. I saw The performance Box and is very interesting.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Juan (and whoever else would like to answer) What difference do you think LC4 made on 1/4 mile? compared to LC3? I'm curious what improvements to 0-60mph and 1/4 mile there is just by switching to LC4. (same mods)

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
imo larger cooler will make zero difference on the strip with e85 and only 10 seconds car running time

only time you'd see a drop in performance is if you circuit raced for multiple laps and allowed the temps to steadily increase with no cool down

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Juan (and whoever else would like to answer) What difference do you think LC4 made on 1/4 mile? compared to LC3? I'm curious what improvements to 0-60mph and 1/4 mile there is just by switching to LC4. (same mods)
Hi, i never try lc3, the only i use is lc4 all the time.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.