Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here goes. Since I didn't hide my birthday the computer adept will see, almost 72 (December). And not a racing nut, nor even a very, very fast driver, the GT-R has fascinated me from its start. IMO it's kind of (KIND OF BUT NOT REALLY) a stealth vehicle as many/most folks don't know about this car. But, finding out young kids will 'wow' it, young adults too, guessing it's likely one of the racing cars on the multitude of video games. But, other than my own this is the first one I've ever seen on the road!

But, it's indeed a joy to drive but suspect like many, especially Florida (Flatistan) there aren't that many good roads so it just turns out to be a 'better' dragster, which ain't all bad. I wanted white but wasn't willing to wait. Rationalized the gray as easier to keep clean and better stealth as it is a conservative color.

Other than that, motorcycles, motorhomes, and lots of other toys am having fun. Chuckled when I read the owner's manual and it EXPLICITLY says your warranty is voided by just driving on an airstrip. Suspect some lawyer could deal with that . . .

·
GoldMember
1,086 Posts
Chuckled when I read the owner's manual and it EXPLICITLY says your warranty is voided by just driving on an airstrip. Suspect some lawyer could deal with that . . .
How did I ever miss this in my manual (If it is in mine)?

Is Nissan nuts? They don't ding you in you participate in HPDE events do they?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm going back to my o manual and try and find that caption. I'm getting the same reaction (mostly from teenagers) in my town. Like you, the car is pretty much a light-to-light dragger - albeit - a very fast one!!!! Enjoy it! We're loosing our stealth factor real quick.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going back to my o manual and try and find that caption. I'm getting the same reaction (mostly from teenagers) in my town. Like you, the car is pretty much a light-to-light dragger - albeit - a very fast one!!!! Enjoy it! We're loosing our stealth factor real quick.
Here it is in the 2013 Manual.file:

Attachments

·
GoldMember
1,086 Posts
You'll be the first one to the Early Bird special.

Nice car! Enjoy.

·
The World Warrior
7,254 Posts
Very nice! Welcome to the forums. This car is fun for everyone. Have you taken it out for a spirited drive yet?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice! Welcome to the forums. This car is fun for everyone. Have you taken it out for a spirited drive yet?
Love the word 'spirited'! I was reading the Owner's Manual (I know, who does that?), and while was duly put off by the admonition to not drive on an air strip lest I compromise my warranty, seems this bit of what I'll call 'How to drag your GT-R' popped up. And I paraphrase . . . flip the three switches into the 'R' position, foot on brake, rev to 3000 (or was it 4000?) RPM, tromp on accelerator pedal within 3 seconds and 'launch'. Hmmmm, that seems to encourage uhhhh spirited driving. More importantly, haven't tried it yet, but does it change performance much other than perhaps spooling up the turbo's early???

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
Love the word 'spirited'! I was reading the Owner's Manual (I know, who does that?), and while was duly put off by the admonition to not drive on an air strip lest I compromise my warranty, seems this bit of what I'll call 'How to drag your GT-R' popped up. And I paraphrase . . . flip the three switches into the 'R' position, foot on brake, rev to 3000 (or was it 4000?) RPM, tromp on accelerator pedal within 3 seconds and 'launch'. Hmmmm, that seems to encourage uhhhh spirited driving. More importantly, haven't tried it yet, but does it change performance much other than perhaps spooling up the turbo's early???
Stop what you are doing and go try it immediately. Game changing.

·
10' Super SIlver
2,319 Posts
You are going to love it, but break in the motor first. 71 huh. Damn most older folks are just like what is it. Easiest reply is it's a Nissan. Enjoy and welcome. We have some awesome folks and some sweet GTRs on here.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Wow...another one in Jax. That's big! Congrats!

At least now if I get pulled over I can honestly say it was that other guy in the grey metallic GTR

You should come out to cars and coffee Wild Wing Café is located on Southside Blvd, 2nd Saturday of every month.

Enjoy

·
Slow & Fun
1,056 Posts
jpalamaro: We missed you this weekend! We should meet before GTRDean sells his - sheesh, that guy!

Adrian

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Wow...another one in Jax. That's big! Congrats!

At least now if I get pulled over I can honestly say it was that other guy in the grey metallic GTR

You should come out to cars and coffee Wild Wing Café is located on Southside Blvd, 2nd Saturday of every month.

Enjoy
i need to come out to this. Im only 2 hours from jacksonville and now i drive the 2 hours for the shitty cars and coffee in Charleston

good turnout usually?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts