Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey All,

Looking for some advice. I found a great 2011 Black GTR 2,700 Miles.

I have a few questions because the dealer sent me the carfax report. The car has had 4 previous owners. First sale was 8/5/10. The carfax report says 19 months remaining on the warranty.

Firstly, is that correct? These cars come with 36 month warranty?

Is 4 previous owners weird or uncommon?

If I buy out of state, will a local Nissan service the car? Can someone recommend a good dealer in the North Jersey/Long Island Area.

Thanks for all the help. If someone would like more details about the car I can deliver this info in a PM.

Thanks again!
Chris

·
Vendor
3,046 Posts
I wouldn't be worried about the 4 owners. You can get the vin and call Nissan for the maintenance history which is something I would do.

A local Nissan dealer will absolutely help you with the car. I have a couple of customers in NJ that we did builds for, if you would like some recomendations on places to go and places to stay away from I will gladly get you in touch with them.

You can also pay to have a pre purchase inspection done on the car wherever it may be.

Hope this helps.

~Cicio

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Pearl,

If it was first registered in 8/10 that would make august of this year two years so that s where 19 months remain.

Hudson Nissan is what members here have used, but everyone has there right to there own opinion. There s two local shops in NJ that deal with gtr's. Akuma and Ivey. Haven't needed there services yet so no first hand experience.

Basically go to a few dealerships and see how often they service gtr s my local one is small and less than 5 miles away and they only service 3-5 a year. I'm not comfortable with such a low number that the tech would know enough. You should feel comfortable with who you leave your car too.

I really don't need the dealer unless it's warranty work or a POS service. I'll do my own fluid changes or use the two shops above who service gtrs on a regulare basis.

I purchased out of state also a PW 2011 as there where nonwhite ones local for sale for months.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
4 owners and only 2,700 miles?....a low mileage 2011 priced at almost 2010 levels....something just seems a little off with this one....I may be wrong but I would do some good research on this car before pulling the trigger.....

·
Registered
140 Posts
Was it advertised by a dealer in NH?

I have been searching for a GT-R for my brother and recently received a link on a dealership selling a modded 2010 with 4400 miles for $60k, which is a steal. In fact, maybe too good to be true. They also had a black 2011 with 2700 miles for $71k.

After visiting their website I got a bad feeling about the place. The prices were very low. Also, all the pictures of the cars appeared to be taken from a different location each time. Also, only 1 picture per car. Very strange to me. Also did a search and there were lots of negative comments about the dealer and owner.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yes, it's the car you're talking about.
Do they physically have the car there in NH? I would definitely want to see it in person and have it checked out by a Nissan dealer. I would NOT buy the car sight unseen. I have never been to NH, but lots of their pictures do not look like the NE to me. Something just doesn't look right.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Are all 4 owners users of the car. Sometimes one of two of the owners maybe Nissan or the dealership so it was only be 2 actual drivers

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
I think it might be beat to hell with 4 owners. No one is going to baby their car if they knew they are going to trade it in.
Beat to hell is a relative term... Some people think that launching once on a drag strip is beat to hell... Being as you can't launch a 2011 with VDC-off what other possible concern would there be?

Comes with a manufacturer warranty?

I'd look at it - seriously.

OP - it sounds like you've heeded your own flags about buying a car out of state. Definitely do some research about the seller/car.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks Jasper, and everyone else who has weighed in here.

I will definitely do some research. Talk with them on the phone, and drive up and see the car one weekend before pulling the trigger.

If everything checks out, I don't think the 4 owners should be THAT big of a concern.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.