Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
I posted a thread looking for an aftermarket bumper in the WTB section some weeks ago.

Got a few PMs here and there. Yesterday I got this message from a 0 forum posts account:

"Hi,
Email Frank on [email protected] regarding your request . He gave me a great deal when i purchased from him. He is located in Elkton, OR 97436 and fast shipping.His cell # is 216-239-4282 but i think Email is the best way to reach him.HE IS A TRUSTED SUPPLIER....
Thanks"

Kind of weird but OK. Thanked the guy, and emailed the referenced email address asking the following:

"Hi,

I was messaged on the GTR forums that you could hook it up when it comes to an aftermarket front bumper, the message didn't contain much more info than that.

Just reaching out to see what you have.

Thanks

The response I got was the following:

"
Thanks for the email. Yes i have an Aftermarket GTR bumper for sale.
This is NEW and never used. I am looking to get $700 shipped. I will
be shipping via UPS or FedEx which ever you prefer and will take
payment via Western Union or Money gram. Whats your shipping address?

Thank"

The second I read western union or money gram I laughed to myself. A quick search of that email address on googles results in few hits on other forums where the same "seller" is selling something and people aren't too convinced wether its legitimate or not.

In case someone else is getting PMed by this guy "selling" something, I'd advise to stay away and hope mods take a look at it and ban the account (not that it will do much, hell just make another). Either way gents - be careful with who you deal with. Even on a forum of classy gentlemen like ourselves, there are cave trolls and scammers out there

·
Vendor
2,775 Posts
SCAM.

Also in your PM with this guy there is a button that says "report". Press it, it'll help the mods identify scammers

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Some other guy mentioned in a thread a 0 post account tried to sell him something and wanted payment through moneygram or western union. Stay
Away for sure. I think the mods should ban the IP Address and Account if possible.

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
Some other guy mentioned in a thread a 0 post account tried to sell him something and wanted payment through moneygram or western union. Stay
Away for sure. I think the mods should ban the IP Address and Account if possible.
Maybe the mods can assign a minimum post count of say, 5 posts needed before answering an ad in the parts classified. Id leave the car classified at zero since we probably get a lot of people through here looking for GTRs that haven't registered yet.

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Any legit vendors in any Business, do not use money gram or western union as even with documentation its a mother fucker to prove guilt and paper trail in any kinda court plus a lot of these western/moneygram scams are over seas based with little to no tracing ....don't be a fool we all know the correct vendors to go to when making purchases esp for aftermarket aero parts.

Lawerence

·
Super Moderator
9,199 Posts
Each new member has to have their first post approved as it is. However they are still able to send pms. I banned both of the accounts already that were mentioned today. If their are any more just hit the report button.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.