Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I'll likely have to buy another set of injectors, because the set I had, I sold to JJ , so I am injectorless
But I will certainly buy them with hopefully more mods that will make it worth it. But what I'd like to understand whats my next option for modifications to make the injectors worthwhile? I currently have 3.0 got-boost intakes, 2012 inlet pipes, AAM catted downpipe, AAM quiet midpipe, AAM sport exhaust. Should I start looking at E85? Is there any other valuable bolt ons that will help make real power? I am guessing next is probably turbos, just dont know if I am ready to pull that trigger yet, only because the dropping of the motor or the impossibilities of easily removing the turbos while motor is in the car makes it a no fun to do mod.

Let me know!

Jon

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
Id say you are really at the limits of what we consider safe on the factory turbo's. Yes you can do E85 or race gas but you are pushing the turbos so hard its just not a good idea. Turbo's really are your next best bet.

Eric

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
E85 ( with fuel pumps) will give you a bit more power and torque. Catless DP's would also bump up the power.

That's about it from stock turbo's.

If you are thinking about upgraded turbo's, also think about upgraded internals..

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Where do we have e85 in Chicago? I thought it was like far south side last time I checked those e85 websites.

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Agreed with the above, you can do a few mods that will add a little, but nothing substantial. Turbo's are the next worthwhile power adder and while you're in there it really would be wise to consider upgrading the internals.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I live on the northside, and per some link a fellow member sent me a while ago, I have like 5 E85 pumps less then a mile from the house (some only a few blocks away).

So exciting to say the least that I can easily do E85 in the city. The PROBLEM will be that I also drive to Hoffman Estates for work form time to time, but also we like to go on 'family trips' in the GTR, so I am a little concerned with locking myself into e85. :(

I do not want to go 'cat less' i hate the stink, my 2 buddies are catless and I hate the smell its horrible. Sure they act like its all good, but thats becuase they are committed. I am not and can honestly say its sucks. I'm ok with less then peak power but my car smells normal and I can drive around with windows down at stuck at a light and not stink from high hell.

Yes, I was afraid that Turbos were the next thing. And of course with Turbos comes internal mods. So that quickly pushes me outside of the 'budget' I am willing to spend on the car. I'm looking to either Purchase a F430 Scuderia, or Murci, so I cant bring myself to spend a bunch of money on the GTR to go faster, its already faster then either of those cars will be, and of course, I learned my lesson from my viper, where I poured in about 130k into that car (including purchase price) to make it a 10.60's car, that I sold 5 years later for less then 1/2 of that. :(

I want to go fast, but not money waisted fast.

Looks like I am likely stuck where I am then, unless I pony up real cash.

VERY much appeciate the very quick responses and assistance, this was very helpful!

Jon

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
I live on the northside, and per some link a fellow member sent me a while ago, I have like 5 E85 pumps less then a mile from the house (some only a few blocks away). So exciting to say the least that I can easily do E85 in the city. The PROBLEM will be that I also drive to Hoffman Estates for work form time to time, but also we like to go on 'family trips' in the GTR, so I am a little concerned with locking myself into e85. :( I do not want to go 'cat less' i hate the stink, my 2 buddies are catless and I hate the smell its horrible. Sure they act like its all good, but thats becuase they are committed. I am not and can honestly say its sucks. I'm ok with less then peak power but my car smells normal and I can drive around with windows down at stuck at a light and not stink from high hell. Yes, I was afraid that Turbos were the next thing. And of course with Turbos comes internal mods. So that quickly pushes me outside of the 'budget' I am willing to spend on the car. I'm looking to either Purchase a F430 Scuderia, or Murci, so I cant bring myself to spend a bunch of money on the GTR to go faster, its already faster then either of those cars will be, and of course, I learned my lesson from my viper, where I poured in about 130k into that car (including purchase price) to make it a 10.60's car, that I sold 5 years later for less then 1/2 of that. :( I want to go fast, but not money waisted fast. Looks like I am likely stuck where I am then, unless I pony up real cash. VERY much appeciate the very quick responses and assistance, this was very helpful! Jon
Jon be really weary of E85 in our area. I have had so many issues with it in the past couple of years. The big problem is the actual ethanol content. Stations are allowed to call anything with at least 70% Ethanol E85. Once it starts getting colder the E85 in our area drops to E70. and some stations E75, E80 etc etc. You never really know WHAT you are getting unless it's the dead of summer. They do this because E85 atomizes differently in colder weather and some cars have a hard time starting on E85 in the dead of winter.

I really try to push our local customers away from E85 unless you are going to install an Ethanol content analyzer in the car:
http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/ECA/ECA.shtml

Or unless you are going to buy pure Ethanol in drums and store it / mix your own.

Best of luck in whatever your next mod end up being

Eric

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really try to push our local customers away from E85 unless you are going to install an Ethanol content analyzer in the car:
http://www.zeitronix...s/ECA/ECA.shtml

Or unless you are going to buy pure Ethanol in drums and store it / mix your own.

Best of luck in whatever your next mod end up being

Eric
Valuable information Eric. I appeciate the input, I'll steer clear of the e85 then. Oh well, there goes the 'cheap' power option.

Reality check might be 'leave good enough alone.'

Jon

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
LOL if it makes you feel any better your car by my standards is plenty quick!

Maybe just hold out a little longer and build up a nice nest egg for the nest lump of mods.

Eric

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Taking the car to the track and pushing the limits as well as taking an advanced drivers course, this will give you full appreciation of the modifications done to your car.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Taking the car to the track and pushing the limits as well as taking an advanced drivers course, this will give you full appreciation of the modifications done to your car.
You know your responding to a month old post right ? Also I was nationally ranked for a while in Viper Racing league. I know plenty about tracking cars. The GTR isnt actually very fun on the track, it drives itself. I prefer RWD, white knuckled experiences when on track

Jon

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Why would E70 be a problem? The car will run richer than in summer's higher ethanol content fuel. I have 3 E85 maps and 5 gas maps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts