Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Alright, before you get too opinionated, and denounce Plastidip in all its glory. Please remember that this peels off in minutes and is not a tattoo. I was skeptical at first but saw it on some cars and it looks very clean and durable.,My friend said it even looked better than the black outs he did on his Cayenne Turbo S , which he paid $500 to have his emblems blacked out. I couldn't believe it was that much! (BTW I am now for hire to be blacking out your logos and decals for $500)I started with just the center cap as that was the only thing left on the car that I truly did not care for. The logo is just not aesthetically pleasing to anyone.... well except the hamburgler..It was so fun to do that I said why not try the vents and the door handles.Then the front Logo.Then I remembered that I always wondered what it would look like with hood stripes and figured what the heck if it looks bad I peel it of right after.Then lastly I always thought a superleggerra GTR stripe would be the stripe of dreams, and it was....it really was...Tips on DipsYou can apply the spray to be dark grey matte or more dark black smooth depending on how it is applied. I went for the matte as I always thought Matte trim on a gloss car would be unique. Maybe it's used everywhere but I had never seen it in person.Market AnalysisI get a lot of comments from other GTR owners that like the touches. But I did notice that I get a lot more people turning heads or giving thumbs up when before they would have just scanned over it in their peripheral vision. Now the lines pop out and tell them that No this is not the new Chevy Cobalt!Let me know your thoughts and Ideas and or questions.

Attachments

·
The World Warrior
7,254 Posts
Suprisingly I like it. If the black plasti dip is just minor accents this is really good.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Its not bad really... But honestly it's really not the difference between someone saying "is that the new Cobalt?" and "ZOMG exotic!". That's a placebo effect happening there

What matters is that you like it though and, yeah, plasti is easily reversible

·
Seems Legit
2,476 Posts
I think it looks great and like you said it's not permanent

·
Registered
341 Posts
I like it! Because I did the same to my rear emblems. But I think it would be better if the “R” showed the red...thats what I did, and I love the look of it. Plus, my wheels are black and grey and I have carbon akrapovic tips, so my emblems match perfectly with my car :D

·
Nissan Enthusiast
150 Posts
Nothing wrong with plasti-dip. I did all the emblems on my Z a while back, and they compliment my black wheels much more nicely now. Now I need tint. lol

·
Founder, GTRCanada.com
375 Posts
I'm picking up a set of skirts and front lip soon and want to dip them along with the oem rear valence to match.

·
Lake Bum
2,747 Posts
Not a fan of the white. I think it would look better in a different color.

I saw you last week. You were heading north on Eastern just south of Serene and were sitting in traffic waiting on the light. You were txting at the light so you didn't see me. LOL. I was traveling the opposite direction on Eastern in my GTR. To be brutally honest I spotted you and though that you were doing a DBA conversion/aftermarket side skirts and just had primered parts on your car. I don't think the white is the way to go. IMO.

·
Front Mount 2500 HP
3,696 Posts
Im not a fan of PlastiDip.

In my opinion it looks really cheesy. The proper way to re do a car would be to paint or vinyl it. Just my .02

·
Boost Junky
4,007 Posts
Not feeling it.

·
e85 member
2,724 Posts
The concept is good, I just think a different color would look better. To each their own though!

1 - 20 of 105 Posts