Nissan GT-R Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Registered
10,313 Posts
Sorry I meant for completely replacing all of the timing components.

FWIW - I shipped mine 1000 miles - multiple times lol.

If you have to pull the motor and rebuild it this time around, doesn’t hurt to look elsewhere.

· MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Sorry I meant for completely replacing all of the timing components.

FWIW - I shipped mine 1000 miles - multiple times lol.

If you have to pull the motor and rebuild it this time around, doesn’t hurt to look elsewhere.
Actually, just confirmed, when the issue #5 (p0011) happened. The VVT Solenoid was replaced with a new one, along with the cam sprocket. The timing chain & tensioner were checked and no issues.

but yeah, the shop is advising on a full engine "refresh" - im just paranoid now since I've replaced many parts previously that ended up not being the source of "x" issue.

· Registered
350 Posts
Man, reading this makes me cringe so bad.
I truly feel for you. Nothing worse than seeing all money invested and nothing to show for it but more expenses 😬
I would personally get the car running again and then immediately unload it. It's jinxed!

· Registered
10,313 Posts
Hey man, replacing the timing chain is part of standard maintenance on a stock car. On a built engine, built turbo car its mandatory.

When it is apart, no reason to not replace timing components completely. How did they check it ? Did they ask if you wanted to replace it or was it something like, “should be fine” ?

Cost is nominal compared to the failure cost down the road. Cost is one thing but the downtime is what really sucks.

Feel bad, but you are pot committed at this point. Been there brother - absolutely sucks.

“Complete rebuild” means all new oiling components too ? I had 4 AMS oil coolers in 3 years and not even discounted lmao.

Can always see if Tony or Cicio want to ship you an engine complete ? Think they are the only ones with blocks these days anyways.

Need to send the turbos out too ? Might as well get some bigger ones and make it with your while and shoot for 1200-1300. Rebuild yours and they will sell in a couple days.

· Registered
2015 GTR 1450whp 1100ft/lbs Cicio Built and Supported
32 Posts
Man, seems like tough luck for sure. Hoping it works out soon so that you can enjoy it as it is well deserved.

· Registered
10,313 Posts
Send Shep an email - he might have a rear diff laying around for you. I know long way to ship, but may ultimately work out better.

· MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
Send Shep an email - he might have a rear diff laying around for you. I know long way to ship, but may ultimately work out better.
question.. do you happen to know how much does a rear differential (mint) costs from resellers? .. so far I've found one clean in UAE so no shipping costs. Clean and he's selling it for $3,990

Edit: so shipping a diff from USA to KSA costs an arm and a leg + customs fee.. found one in the region. Mint.

· MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Hey man, replacing the timing chain is part of standard maintenance on a stock car. On a built engine, built turbo car its mandatory.
Got a question.. cause im torn about paying for a full engine refresh, and it still doesn't fix my Cam over timing issue since troubleshoot 1 was the shop replacing the VVT solenoids, cam sprocket and the timing chain..yet it continued.

My gut feeling is the whole recent cam over timing , boost cut, and forks breaking is all related to the tune on ecutek.. since the car was running fine on cobb no cuts or codes.. the day i did the ecutek conversion and custom tune.. thats when i started getting the p0011 cam code, cuts and clutch/gear issues.

My question is.. is there any chance that the cam over timing code im getting could be tune related and not mechanical?

and yes, im considering of going to a new tuner (any recommendations here for an E-tune Ecutek - given the knowledge to tune with the 95 RON gas we have here?)

21 - 36 of 36 Posts