Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to be sure there's enough headroom there in the duty cycle. What abt pump(s)?

Thx

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
You will need aftermarket fuel pumps and the ID 1000's will be fine with stock turbos on E85. They are close to maxing though.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank, gents. I thought there'd be enough injector, but wanted to be sure. We may go the corn route once we maximize on 93. I have a station within 10 mins of my house.

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
My advice would be to do the e85 asap. You will hate 93, especially if you do not run cats. I cannot even stand driving around on 93 anymore -- the torque curve is garbage in comparison.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
We all know stock car with Midpipe can max out (log shows over 100%) stock injectors with custom tune (I did) in the summer (90 deg weather). I think the stock injectors are 570 cc, so using E85 requires 50% more fuel (14.7 requires 1 part gas 14.7 requires 1.5 part E85). So for E85, it will require 855 cc (that is injectors needed for E85 with midpipe and custom tune) and that is at 100% duty cycle. Now with downpipe, intake, 2012 intake, cool temperature, why can't it max out ID1000 cc's?

Alot of people got confused that gasoline has 114,000 BTU vs E85 81,800 BTU thus to produce same BTU, E85 requires about 30% more volume which is different from above's 50% (air fuel ratio).

I will say it is possible to max out Id1000cc's especially in 6th gear as the car richen even more. I am maxed out, but I probably have dirty fuel filters which I will be cleaning soon, but the math says it will. If there was other options, I would go bigger injectors or bump the fuel pressure. Personally I would love to stay under 85%. I am no expert in this, but if above is wrong, let me know what I did wrong.

Air Fuel 14.7 1 9.76 1 4.94 0.506 Stock GTR Injectors On E85 570 cc 855

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
Dude, burn e85. Best choice you will make in this car. Call me if you want to get into it. Sharif at Forged makes it rain.

·
I'll eat you like a KitKat woo who
1,357 Posts
I would think using ID 2000 for upgraded turbos would be the next step. Is E85 in Ga. ok to use in the winter time? I'm about to switch over soon and I'm worried about the quality of the gas. I keep hearing, it's down graded during the cold periods and back up in the summer time.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
To take full advantage of the stock turbos you'll need upgraded pumps and injectors.

Personally I think 1000cc injectors are the perfect size. You'll run up the injector duty if you run e85.

1000cc injectors will also be good for a alpha 9 setup if you plan on staying on pump/race gas.

I personally find the id1000cc injectors drive a little better than the id2000 especially on pumpgas. With that reason alone I would stay with the smaller injector.

Its seems like everyone here uses the ID injectors and i don't know why. I've had some really awesome results with FIC injectors on other platforms. I plan on using them on our shop car shortly.

-John

(null)

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The reason I'm asking is I already have the 1ks in my car.

Kerry, what injectors are you running?

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Yeah, I have to agree with Goonthree. In 6th gear with the richening, I believe they can be maxed out. If you are only concerned with 1-5, then they will be enough.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I just picked up the ID1ks for my stock turbo setup. I am pretty confident they will be more then enough fuel for my goals. I also have the AMS dual pumps.

John, the FICs are awesome as well. I have them in both the 8sec e85 cars at P&L, they work great. This year we will be swapping to the id2ks though as we are out of fuel with the FIC 1650s.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I have ID1000 injectors. Not going to id2000 yet due to richen idle. A little bump in fuel pressure will get id1000 to work with stock turbos and in winter. This is recommended from Tony from ID.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I am out of fuel and it seems very few are having this issue (or they are not reading their data logs). Maybe I have an issue, but other logs I have read have same issue as my. From T1 (ID1000 maker website), they have the ID1000 able to support 700 hp, see attached. The BSFC was worst case and our injector duty cycle maximum always occur near redline so 65 psi is 14 psi (redline is usually 14.5 psi).
I am very happy with the ID1000's but I will either put in new FPR and bump pressure or new injectors.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Yeah, I have to agree with Goonthree. In 6th gear with the richening, I believe they can be maxed out. If you are only concerned with 1-5, then they will be enough.
I ran with this ID1000 injectors my old stock turbos setup. At 6th gear maxed out always with misfire. Then Thistle helped me(and other gtr owners), add adjustable high speed richening feature in the tuner pro sw after few high speed test. After the adjusted richening rate ID1000 able enough E85 flow for 6th gear at full highest boost(1.2bar at redline) on stock turbo car, not have misfire, but injector near the max.

·
R35.se
453 Posts
I ran with this ID1000 injectors my old stock turbos setup. At 6th gear maxed out always with misfire. Then Thistle helped me(and other gtr owners), add adjustable high speed richening feature in the tuner pro sw after few high speed test. After the adjusted richening rate ID1000 able enough E85 flow for 6th gear at full highest boost(1.2bar at redline) on stock turbo car, not have misfire, but injector near the max.
thank you for this post. I was wondering about the high speed enrichment and ID1000 on E85

·
Registered
667 Posts
thank you for this post. I was wondering about the high speed enrichment and ID1000 on E85
All gtr do start richening at 6th gear. Not only ID1000 or E85.
I tested much times, maybe have timer limit in WOT accelerating, after gear change to 6th gear starting richening immediately.
But if I drive at high speed cruising(above 230kmh) low throttle, then WOT at 6th gear, not richening.
The main issue with catless cars, stock richening value to 0.73 lambda at 6th gear, this is too much for catless car, cars make much black smoke and maxed out ID1000 with e85.
I adjusted now to 0.80lambda from 0.73.
(0.81 my old set for stock turbos with id1000)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Just want to be sure there's enough headroom there in the duty cycle. What abt pump(s)?

Thx
Twin Walbros or DW pumps and 1000cc injectors will be fine. 2000cc injectors run very well, but if you aren't planning on building the engine and/or upgrading turbos, there is little benefit in spending quite a bit more money on the ID2000's (MSRP $1439 vs. $678) I've tuned countless stock block E85 setups on 1000cc injectors not one issue.

Let us know if we can help.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.