Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
12,306 Posts
I've been really looking forward to the launch of the ID1700 Fuel Injector series from Injector Dynamics. With so many GT-R's running big power E85 setups, the ID1300's just didn't leave much overhead for higher boost levels on alcohol based fuels. But the ID1300 offered stock like driveability on all fuels and it's all stainless internal construction means it was E85 safe both for daily or occasional use. The question we all had, is how would the all stainless bigger brother ID1700 perform under daily use....we are about to find out.

First thing I did was install the ID1700 injectors in my 2013 GT-R which is also our shop R&D/track day car. With 93 octane in the tank, I adjusted injector scaler and latency values and then cranked it up. Started up immediately and idled very well out of the box. A few more tweaks and I had a perfect idle at 13.5 AFR. 14.7 AFR on 93 octane resulted in a little too much idle movement for my tastes....no surprises so far.

I drove the car on 93 octane for a week and just did some a couple of WOT pulls to get fuel trims back to 100, adjusted accelerator enrichment and that was about the extent of the changes I made. Starts right up cold, warm, hot. Then I drained the tank and switched to E85. I was expecting them to run even better on E85 and I was not disappointed. Perfect start up, 14.7 AFR stable idle and obviously no issues at WOT. That's really what separates one injector from another: how well they perform at very low pulse widths and I believe this is the best injector I've used thus far..and believe me I've tried just about all of them. These injectors should flow enough fuel for 1500-1700whp on petrol, and about 1200-1300whp on E85 assuming your fuel pumping and fuel delivery systems can supply it.

Will be putting these through race conditions this weekend at the 2015 UTCC: Tire Rack's Ultimate Track Car Competition at VIR. Stay tuned for more results and feedback.

· GTRLIFE BOTM August 2015
1,039 Posts
Sounds like a better alternative for the guy who is trying to daily drive thru the annoyances of ID2000's? Would love to hear your thoughts on this after get your impressions sorted.

· Premium Member
12,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like a better alternative for the guy who is trying to daily drive thru the annoyances of ID2000's?
You hit the nail on the head. The ID2000's were just a little too much for clean 93 octane use and with FlexFuel setups becoming increasingly popular, I felt it was important to have an all stainless injector that could run very well on all fuels. That's where the ID1700 becomes very attractive, with none of the drawbacks of the ID2000.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.