Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked around and haven't got any good info on FRONT wheels in 10.5" & 11.0" widths. Curious if anyone knows the ideal offset for these widths on the front so they don't stick out. Anyone? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bumpola

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
bump, even though I already answered most of your questions... lol
the only 19x11 I've ever seen fitted up front stuck out about 15mm or so. I don't know what the offset was but it was a custom wheel.

I'm running 18x10.5 approx offset 26.5 and it sticks out just a little bit. from a looks standpoint, I wish it was 30 offset, but I don't think that's possible withour rubbing the upper suspension arm. Based on that, I would think that a 19x10.5 might be possible in about 30 offset but that's just a guess.

I have seen a set of ADV.1 20x11 in front, but not sure if it stuck out or not.

If you're running more negative camber the looks and fitment would change a bit.

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
What is your negative camber in the front?

The tires won't stick out if you use the stock offset and widths. If you go harder than that, then you need to do some math and a little trial and error based on the amount of negative camber your car has.

http://www.2009gtr.c...re-fitment.html

Stock offset is 9.5 + 45 in the front.
So the 11 is 1.5 inches wider or 25.4 mm x 1.5 inches= 38.1 mm wider. So if the offset stayed the same +45, the wheel goes 19 mm in, and 19 mm out with the 11 inch wide.

So now you go with a +15 offset on a 9.5 wheel. That would move the wheel out 30 mm. So if you took a 9.5 wheel, with a 15 offset, it would move out 30 mm, or stick out about 10 mm from the factory fender.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Have Enkei PF01 18 x 10.5 - 38. Wheels/tires sit in somewhat on the rears, but it's just a track setup so not concerned-also don't figure that I am losing enough on handling from them being in more than the fronts to justify installing spacers (and uninstalling) to put track wheels on...
Fronts have 15mm spacer and clear the upper arm about 3/32" with a 305 Continental slick. The tire sticks outside the fender line 1". This is with nissan alignment software, that shop foreman says is max neg. camber, probably about 1.7.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
What is your negative camber in the front?

The tires won't stick out if you use the stock offset and widths. If you go harder than that, then you need to do some math and a little trial and error based on the amount of negative camber your car has.

http://www.2009gtr.c...re-fitment.html
Thanks for the input guys.

Negative camber is probably -1.7ish. That is how it was set the last time it was aligned. The suspension is stock. Coilovers could be a possibility. Any thoughts on thos anti lift/caster bushings from whiteline? They are supposed to change dynamic camber. Wonder if that offers any benefit and the drawbacks of it...

Since I need wheels asap I see two options that are available now for delivery:

TSW Nurburgring or Interlagos
19x10.5 +27
I would shoot for 295/35-19 Hoosier R6

Enkei NT03+M
18x10.5 +30
I would shoot for 295/40-18 Hoosier R6

Curious if the Enkeis will rub the suspension or fenders.
Curious if the TSW will rub the fenders or the suspension.
Curious if the 295/40-18 Hoosiers are too tall a tire for the GT-R...

I don't want to go with too short a tire. I've bottomed out using Icarus' short Hoosiers last year and don't want to do that again...

Thoughts and alternate recommendations?

BTW this is all supposedly going to be towed on a little tire trailer in my GT-R. A solid hitch is apparently going to be built for my car within the week.. I'll post that separately whether successful or not, but the guy doing it thinks it can be done and be completely bolt-on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.