Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I got a challenge from the D-Sport ( mike ) GTR to my BE for that day . Il thinking of going for the fun of it

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a challenge from the D-Sport ( mike ) GTR to my BE for that day . Il thinking of going for the fun of it
Don't think, go.

Is Mike actually going to race his car? Maybe someone else is going to drive it. He normally is pretty busy running the event.

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry if this sounds dumb... but can anyone race on this event or do you have to be a member of IDRC.
If I can race my car, I'll definitely go
Also, do they allow 'no time run' on this event so I won't get kicked out not having a roll cage.
You can run without being a member, but tech is controlled by the track. Its an NHRA track, so you need to meet all their rules and requirements.

Let me point some IDRC guys this direction.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You can run without being a member, but tech is controlled by the track. Its an NHRA track, so you need to meet all their rules and requirements.

Let me point some IDRC guys this direction.
Thank you for posting this flyer up Sean, you are correct you DO NOT need to be an IDRC member to race at the event. With how fast the R35 comes from the factory, you would technically need a roll cage to race at the Auto Club Dragway. We were however able to work out a special "Exhibition Class" for this Sunday's event in which they are making a special case for us and will allow you guys to race at the event. All you need to do is pay the "Fun Run" fee at the front gate and bring a helmet and SFI certified race suit (if you have it). They are allowing single lane passes (no heads up racing due to safety restrictions), and you will receive your time slip at the end of your pass. So none of you guys will need to worry about getting kicked off the track for going too fast.

If you have any questions please feel free to post here, or for an immediate response send an email to [email protected]

·
Registered
741 Posts
Thank you for posting this flyer up Sean, you are correct you DO NOT need to be an IDRC member to race at the event. With how fast the R35 comes from the factory, you would technically need a roll cage to race at the Auto Club Dragway. We were however able to work out a special "Exhibition Class" for this Sunday's event in which they are making a special case for us and will allow you guys to race at the event. All you need to do is pay the "Fun Run" fee at the front gate and bring a helmet and SFI certified race suit (if you have it). They are allowing single lane passes (no heads up racing due to safety restrictions), and you will receive your time slip at the end of your pass. So none of you guys will need to worry about getting kicked off the track for going too fast.

If you have any questions please feel free to post here, or for an immediate response send an email to [email protected]
vip treatment for being a GTR owner?

·
Registered
19 Posts
DSPORT magazine and DVD will be covering the event too. This is your chance to introduce you and your car to the editors for your chance at a possible future feature. DSPORT will be bringing out its 2012 GT-R fitted to make some test passes too. If you ever wondered how quick a 2012 GT-R with COBB AP, GReddy 94mm Ti exhaust and drop-in HKS filters runs on factory tires and 91-octane, you are about to find out. We predict something between 10.8 and 11.0 seconds. We hope to see all So-Cal NAGTROC members in attendance. There are very few opportunities to be able to make more than one pass at a So. Cal dragstrip, so take advantage of this tremendous opportunity. See you there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If I have the opportunity to run more than a few... here is what I'd love to see....

Run 1: Full weight run with R888
Run 2: Full weight run with DR (M/T on 18")
Run 3: No wing & no passenger seat with R888
Run 4: No wing & no passenger seat with DR (M/T on 18")
You will be able to get at least 4 passes in, possibly even up to 8 passes

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
Nice Run Greg!

What was the DA on that day? seems about right for 770whp ..take the wing off and cooler weather it should go 9.7s

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Nice Run Greg!

What was the DA on that day? seems about right for 770whp ..take the wing off and cooler weather it should go 9.7s
DA would have been a bit nasty when he ran the 10.2's. It was getting better later. Still about 82 degrees then. I tried to figure the DA calculator thing, but I gave up on it. Cars run what they run. On that day, that pass, it did this. Everything else is just an excuse right?

OK, I humored myself. Did the Calculator. At around 5pm it was 2943 feet DA

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
DA would have been a bit nasty when he ran the 10.2's. It was getting better later. Still about 82 degrees then. I tried to figure the DA calculator thing, but I gave up on it. Cars run what they run. On that day, that pass, it did this. Everything else is just and excuse right?

I think I got 3100DA.. DA makes a big difference Sean.. You can see 3-10 mph ..

http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-altitude-calculator.php?elevation=1110&temperature=84&altset=29.94&rh=34&submitButtonName=Calculate+DA

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I think I got 3100DA.. DA makes a big difference Sean.. You can see 3-10 mph ..

http://www.dragtimes...me=Calculate+DA
Yes, but the issue is...when do you get that perfect air? I have to run in the air, that is there that day. The perfect air day, is probably not a day I am at the dragstrip.

OK, I humored myself. Did the Calculator. At around 5pm it was 2943 feet DA. Earlier in the day it was up to about 3200 feet. I felt the heat and humidity, and I let Rif and Greg know that the air was bad, and not to be too bumed by the times they were getting. Which, were not bad by the way. Low 11's and low 10's.

·
Registered
140 Posts
nice run greg!!! that's flying man. i don't know who is going to give you a run on Nov 11th... but we will see.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.