Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really on the fence about this, but here goes. I have an Red '09 Premium GT-R which I've owned since picking it up new in February 2008. It has just a bit over 24K miles, in very good condition. It was a daily driver for the first year-and-a-half, and after that I've just been driving it once or twice a week in good weather. The only mod to it is a Cobb AP with a custom tune from Forged Performance. It has a Clear Bra on the front, half hood and fenders and side mirrors, and has had one before it left the dealer. It has a Guide Post vehicle location system. I currently have Bridgestone Blizzaks on them (yes, even in May), as I used to run separate Fall/Winter and Spring/Summer wheels and tires. I have only taken it to the track once. When the car has been driven it has always been that car you see parked waaaaaaay out in left field. Even in my garage I surround it with traffic cones and traffic bars. All maintenance is up to date, including the recent 36-month POS. I live in the DC area. What would be a reasonable price I could expect to sell it for? I am not in a hurry and I DON'T have to sell it. But since I am driving the vehicle so seldomly, it's getting hard to justify owning it. I have a '09 Cadillac CTS-V as my DD, and while it's no GT-R, it is a good combination of a lot of things I like in a car. Thanks for the all the responses in advance.

·
10' Super SIlver
2,319 Posts
was the 18k service done and how much life are on the tires is this the original set? If new tires and 18K service was done I think a fair price would be about 68K. I like this price because this keeps the 2010s in the 70 K range.

·
GTR Hokie
375 Posts
Last month I considered selling mine to get a '12. When I was asked for a price, I searched AutoTrader. There were 27 or 29 09's for sale with an average price of $68k. What are they actually going for? I'm not sure. I have 21k miles on mine and I was going to ask $67k. Let me know when you end up doing. I'm still interested in getting a '12 (or possibly a '13) blue one
Oh yeah, and if you don't remember I'm in the DC area too

·
Registered
857 Posts
A stock 09 with 20k should be around 65k, with 18k service done. If you have new tires then I would think 66k.

·
Super Moderator
8,950 Posts
I'd do some research but I'd guess around 63-65k would be reasonable. 68k is too high for an 09 with that many miles.
Miles aren't the only factor when determining price. There are other factors involved such as condition of the car, single owner etc, service history etc, modded vs not modded. There will be buyers looking for a certain price point only and others looking for condition of car. Others looking for mods to be included while others might want unflashed ECU/TCM.

To the OP........it's your car and you can ask as much or as little as you want. There will be people that post what they think it's worth because thats how much they wish to spend......

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
The question is do you really want to sell it?....you've already answered that....it's no....if you really wanted to sell it list it for $65 and expect $62-63....if you don't want to sell it list it for $68 and hold out for $65-66 from the right buyer at the right time.....just realize it may sit for a little until you get the right buyer or your mindset changes in to really wanting to get rid of it.....

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
The question is do you really want to sell it?....you've already answered that....it's no....if you really wanted to sell it list it for $65 and expect $62-63....if you don't want to sell it list it for $68 and hold out for $65-66 from the right buyer at the right time.....just realize it may sit for a little until you get the right buyer or your mindset changes in to really wanting to get rid of it.....
Do I really want to sell it? Squinting eyes and looking to one side...no, not really. But let me add a, "However". However, I've always wanted to own a true exotic car. The performance I already have with the GT-R. As for looks, my GT-R does get positive attention all the time, but when I look at some exotics, the GT-R just doesn't do it for me. It's both visual and intangible. Then I love the F1 sound of those exotics. The GT-R is without a doubt one of the leading supercars of the world. And as an aside, use of said word, supercar, is starting to get overused--just what criteria do we use to adjudge a car, a supercar? I love the performance of the GT-R, notably with the custom tune I have with Cobb AP from Forged Performance. But then I look at a Lamborghini Diablo or Gallardo, and some Ferraris, and then think those are the types of cars I'd really like to have for my special, "fun", drive two or three days a week car, as opposed to my DD. The problem is the price. Right now if I were to sell both my GT-R and CTS-V, that would leave me with enough money to get a mid/late 90's or 2000-some Diablo or Gallardo, and a true DD commuter car. Not counting Ferrari's because at the $100K or so cost point, I just don't like the Ferrari's that I could afford and their performance would be much below the GT-R. So having said that, this is what the post is really all about.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
was the 18k service done and how much life are on the tires is this the original set? If new tires and 18K service was done I think a fair price would be about 68K. I like this price because this keeps the 2010s in the 70 K range.
Yes, 18K service performed, as well as all other required service. 36-month POS was just performed a couple of months ago. Tires, believe it or not, are Bridgestone Blizzaks, which have a LOT of tread left on them. They are on the car because I sold my extra set of OEM wheels and the stock Bridgestone Potenza summer tires. As you would expect this is a car that has been well maintained, babied, garaged, and when parked outside of said garage, always that car you see sitting waaaaaaaaaaaaay far away from all the others.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no love for the f430?
Hadn't considered that, but since you mentioned it, I looked some up. They are out of my price range, because all I see are 2005's that are on average $130K. I need something no more than $100K preferabbly.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I like how the car hold its value in the US. Last year 09 with 20-30k miles were around 58-60k where I live... now prolly a bit less.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I like how the car hold its value in the US. Last year 09 with 20-30k miles were around 58-60k where I live... now prolly a bit less.
Rider, are you referring to the 09 GT-R? Many of those are selling in the mid to high 60's, depending upon condition.

·
Premium Member
9,468 Posts
you dont want to spend more then $100k on a ferrari? you sure you gonna be able to afford all the maintenance and other problems that could pop up?

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
you dont want to spend more then $100k on a ferrari? you sure you gonna be able to afford all the maintenance and other problems that could pop up?
Never considered getting a Ferrari. Lamborghini, different story. I'm hoping I can find a good used Gallardo in the $100K price range. I heard the normal maintance is not supposed to be as expensive as the Ferraris.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts