Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know where I could buy a 1/18 scale model White GTR Nismo , maker Ignition or ebbro.
I have the 1/43 but missed out on the 1/18 I think.
Thanks for your help.
Ken

·
Founder/Admin
26,229 Posts
I picked up one of the ignition 1/18s in Black when they first came out. I got it from ebay and when it arrived the axle /wheels were broken off the chassis it but I was able to fix it enough to display. the carbon looking accents had some resin issues where there was clear spots and the pillar part of the wing has a big chip in it. for what I paid it wasnt on the Autoart or Kyosho level. the seller on ebay was a total tool also when I tried to get a partial refund. he screwed over another member on here too who bought the same one as me.

but yeah ebay is the only place ive ever seen them. just looked and there is only 1 red one on there right now.

here it is. the way I have it positioned on my desk you cant really tell any of those issues without looking for it so its not that bad. I would have taken a rear shot but its so fragile im afraid it would fall apart if I pick it up to turn it around. its also got some dust on it as again the wing is hanging on by a thread and the windshields are like paper thin plastic and im scared to wipe it off lol I just dont touch it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's to bad that franklin mint doesn't make them as there heavily made and detailed perfect.
Matt, is the body on your model resin plastic or metal

·
Founder/Admin
26,229 Posts
its an all resin model. my Mizuno signed 2009 GTR model by Kyosho is metal in comparison.

if you can find the ignition at a decent price and it gets to you in one piece its not bad as its the only 1/18 NISMO out there. but I would put it up on a shelf or in a case as to me its a bit to fragile in how its made. knowing the shady seller I got it from it might have been some prototype and the finished product is better for all I know

ive got a couple nice 1:43 NISMOs the Nurburgring camouflage and the Matte Gray. im starting to collect these cool 1/64 N attack models from Japan as they come in this really cool packing and box. I just ordered a black and a Nur camouflage version

·
Warrant Officer
700 Posts
Wow, I didn't realize the market was this 'serious' about stuff like this. Very cool though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts