Nissan GT-R Forum banner
321 - 340 of 375 Posts

·
951Zilla
320 Posts
The little engine that could couldnt anymore... melted pistons and a damaged head. Goal now is to finally rebuild with better and stronger internals like the $6 Million Dollar Man. Im looking to gain 50 ponies as well. The plan is to have Garage Saurus take over the rebuild. At the end of August when they set their shop up in the US.
If you need a fresh motor to build I have an oem rb26 longblock fs. Its complete from covers to oilpan. It's a known good motor from a friends car that got just in case when I thought my block or head might be cracked.

bllUYCM.jpg?1

·
Dream Crusher
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #322 ·
I’ll keep that in mind once I have an few more things inspected on the engine.

·
Dream Crusher
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #324 ·
Was oil pump your culprit?
Oil pump and crank are in good shape. The crank bearings need to be replaced. The mechanic also said the head is good and can be reused, but I may get a new head.

·
951Zilla
320 Posts
So whats the plan now? Are you going to wait for Garage Saurus to put it back together? Any idea why it let go? I can't imagine how you cracked a piston unless it was detonating. Maybe it was too hot out and your tune got thrown off the day you were running it. This is sort of why I want to switch to haltech. My hks doesn't have any safety features (That I know of) I could have lost my engine at least 3-4 times at this point.

·
Dream Crusher
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #326 ·
Since Garage Saurus is now opening up shop in the states, theyll be taking on my engine rebuild and Ill be their first US customer. Looking forward to the new rebuild. New N1 block, new head, HKS 2.8l step 1 kit, Vcam, etc... goal is now 600 pretty horsies. Time frame is end of December to be completed.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Very nice, hopefully won't be another 2 year wait like last time lol. What's your plan for tuning, IIRC you were running Power FC?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just caught up on this. I admire your dedication to not only to keeping up with the car, but keeping up with the blog of it. Your pics are actually the first I've seen of an R32 interior. It's pretty amazing how the interior and center console and kept the same "theme" thru the R32, R33, R34 and R35. You don't see that much to my knowledge.

·
Dream Crusher
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #329 ·
Very nice, hopefully won't be another 2 year wait like last time lol. What's your plan for tuning, IIRC you were running Power FC?
Hayashi san and the Garage Sairus crew were just here. Hayashi San inspected everything before he had to fly back to japan. Im thinking of Haltech or Vpro. Its a back and forth debate on which would be best. Once things are okd to start the rebuild, Hayashi San said itll be ready by the end of December

·
Dream Crusher
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #330 ·
Just caught up on this. I admire your dedication to not only to keeping up with the car, but keeping up with the blog of it. Your pics are actually the first I've seen of an R32 interior. It's pretty amazing how the interior and center console and kept the same "theme" thru the R32, R33, R34 and R35. You don't see that much to my knowledge.
Thank you. I would like to do more with the interior, but that will have to come much later.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If i was to personally pick between V-Pro and Haltech I would absolutely do an Elite 2500 (or better yet) have you considered a MoTeC M130?

·
Dream Crusher
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #332 ·
If i was to personally pick between V-Pro and Haltech I would absolutely do an Elite 2500 (or better yet) have you considered a MoTeC M130?
Cant find trustedor dont I dont know of any tuners here in Southern California for Haltech. As for Motec, Im not building a race car so its not an option for me.

·
Dream Crusher
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #333 ·
Anyone interested in a used Nismo twin clutch for $1k. The reason for selling is because Im bumping up the horse power and the clutch Nismo clutch isnt rated for it.

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
5,759 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
2,814 Posts
Update:
This is whats being added

New machined head and block
HKS 2.8 step 2
HKS bigger oil pump
Saurus bigger oil pan
Metal head gasket kit Saurus Special
Tomei head studs
Saurus head system step 3
Ported intake
ATC carbon clutch
R34 cupling fun
130A altarnter
HKS Vpro

·
Dream Crusher
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #338 ·

·
Dream Crusher
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #340 ·
Very nice! So it was built in Japan then crated over here?
Yes. Its been in the works since December. It was completed at the end of January. Hayashi San will come out towards the end of March to tune the car.

321 - 340 of 375 Posts