Nissan GT-R Forum banner
341 - 360 of 375 Posts

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
5,759 Posts
Yes. Its been in the works since December. It was completed at the end of January. Hayashi San will come out towards the end of March to tune the car.
Nice, all shiny in black.

Happy Motoring coming in March apparently lol

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
5,759 Posts
Man that is nice...

·
Dream Crusher
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #346 ·
Man that is nice...
Thanks! I got the 2nd trunk fixed and respray to gun metal. Im going to put the wing back on the car tomorrow and while Fujita San works away on the car to have it ready for when Hashisan arrives this week. The car should be up and running by next weekend. I seriously can not wait. Its been too long without driving this car.

·
Dream Crusher
2,814 Posts
While the car is still a bit stationary I went sent my secondary trunk out to get the oem hole for the factory wing filled and respray the whole trunk to match the car because the trunk was white and that aint right(just when it comes to this car hahaha).

Today I mounted the trunk back on the car along with the aeromotions wing controller. I didnt have time to mount the rest of the wing onto the car, but that will be on Monday.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cant find trustedor dont I dont know of any tuners here in Southern California for Haltech. As for Motec, Im not building a race car so its not an option for me.
For those interested in Haltech, Seb at SpecialtyZ (Chatsworth, Los Angeles) installed and tuned the Haltech in my r32, highly recommend. They are expensive, but their work is impeccable.

·
Dream Crusher
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #349 ·
For those interested in Haltech, Seb at SpecialtyZ (Chatsworth, Los Angeles) installed and tuned the Haltech in my r32, highly recommend. They are expensive, but their work is impeccable.
Noted.

·
Dream Crusher
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #350 ·
Wing is back on. Should be ready to turn the engine over by Wednesday/Thursday.

Attachments

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
5,759 Posts
Pretty awesome...

The more I read - the more I want to buy another Skyline lol

Damn you ! lol

·
Dream Crusher
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #352 ·
Pretty awesome...

The more I read - the more I want to buy another Skyline lol

Damn you ! lol
Hahaha at this point Im tired of spending money on this car. I can not wait till its all over this week. Hopefully the results will put a smile back on my face and Ill forget all about it.

·
Registered
622 Posts
If you don't spend money on this car, you know you will just spend money on another car. I know that's what I would end up doing anyway... We are all hopeless...

·
Registered
320 Posts
How good are they at tuning fine details? Can they get fuel + timing dead on in all conditions?

·
Registered
14 Posts
How good are they at tuning fine details? Can they get fuel + timing dead on in all conditions?
Well depends, probably not dead on in a blizzard or post nuclear war.

Seems like they are highly skilled at tuning, including fine details, they have been tuning with Haltech for a while. They will work with you beyond the initial tune to get things perfect, as much power as possible while still being safe for the engine. They know a few tricks.

Seb has tuned my r32 to be very street-able, it was horrible when I bought it with the Power FC and other odd parts. They also use UpRev and Ecutek, they get good numbers from 370s and R35s.

Call Seb, he is very friendly. For Nissan mechanic/builds/tuning shops, none better than SpecialtyZ.

·
Dream Crusher
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #356 ·
Shes all done!!!

Honestly it felt so weird driving the car again because its been so long. I need to get used to the new clutch because its so light. It feels like Im going to stall it. In the end end, I couldnt be anymore pleased with the work that was done. Her are a few pics from the Skyline Syndicate/Garage Saurus USA shop and small meet for the completion of my car.

Attachments

·
Dream Crusher
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #358 ·
Copngrats buddy! I am glad to see you got it back together. Thanks again for all of your help on my car.
The car is going back to the shop. The speedo cable broke. I love old cars... its effecting the power steering. Simple fix for Fujita. When I return from Japan, Im going to prep the car for Laguna Seca.

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
The car is going back to the shop. The speedo cable broke. I love old cars... its effecting the power steering. Simple fix for Fujita. When I return from Japan, Im going to prep the car for Laguna Seca.
Had that happen to my car too. I had a spare ready and waiting just in case but had to wait until I got my newly reupholstered dash back in before getting the speedo cable done. Nice to have a working speedo again even if it still just reads in kph lol.

341 - 360 of 375 Posts