Nissan GT-R Forum banner
21 - 40 of 183 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I'm mainly looking forward to playing my "Best of Sade" in the cassette player.

Attachments

·
Dream Crusher
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Thanks, Jason! Last time I saw you, we were at Daryl's house for New Years or Christmas when I was taking about buying one.

I'm sure your r35 goes the plaid now lol!

·
Dream Crusher
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
I'm now currently on the hunt for bnr34 vspec 2 seats. It just doesn't stop... Found a drivers seat, need a passenger seat. :/

·
Dream Crusher
2,822 Posts
Ughhhh, why do you do this to me? Now I have to buy them!
Lol

Speaking of turbos from your thread/build, I'm getting the Garett 2860R I believe. You guys know much about those?

·
Dream Crusher
2,822 Posts
Are you getting the -7 or the -5? The GT2860R-7 is the same spec as the R34 N1. Basically the same as the original R32/33 N1 turbos but with a ball-bearing CHRA instead of journal-bearing. Good for about 600ish hp. The -5 is good for 700ish but slower spool.

I was thinking of the -7 setup or GT2859R like in the HKS GT-SS for my car if I go stock location but right now I'm leaning towards the Full Race EFR high-mounts like I mentioned in other threads.

Are you doing anything special for the oiling issue btw? Has Do Luck recommended anything in particular for your car like a Tomei pump or whatever?
From the invoice, all it says is "Garett 2860R turbo Kit GCG"

It was suggested by Ito San. The car will be making around 550hp. As for pumps. I'm getting a Nismo fuel pump, a SARD fuel regulator, and a HKS fuel delivery pipe.

·
Dream Crusher
2,822 Posts
Actually I was asking about what you're doing for oil pumps since oiling is a known weak point with the RB so I was wondering if they had recommended you an upgraded pump, replacement crankshaft, changes to the sump, or any of that other stuff.
Gotcha! As for oil, I only see a HPI oil cooler, but I'll have to ask and see what's up. I know those engines have weak points as you've mentioned.

I'm going to look into getting an accusump.

·
Dream Crusher
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Just wanted to give an update. The struggle still continues. I'm not really sure anymore when my car will actually be completed. Last month I've actually reached the point to stop asking and caring... I guess it'll be a surprise to me the day I receive an invoice for the labor. I have never ever thought that it would take this long.

Anyone interested in a gunmetal1990 Nissan Skyline GTR? hahahahaha...

·
Dream Crusher
2,822 Posts
R32 builds do seem to get out of hand lol. Mine looks like it'll be March or April at the soonest but it'll be fully fresh once it gets done. It seems so far away lol.
The day my car gets here, I'm cracking open a bottle of Yamazaki sherry cask, because it'll be a special day. Hahahaha

·
Dream Crusher
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Got an update today right before I head off to Japan tomorrow too.

Ito San said, "The R35 air flow has big flow back so need Apexi pressure sensor, install, and then adjust.
other parts all finished. Will need a little more time to finish."

Attachments

·
Dream Crusher
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Had the chase to stop by Power House Amuse today. Really great to meet them and having them work on the next phase of my build.

Attachments

·
Dream Crusher
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Then this happened; dinner at Sushi Sukiyabashi Jiro's. What's also cool, he owns a 800hp Nissan GTR R35. Points in my book. Oh yeah, the food was amazing! #sukiyabashijiro #R35 #gtr #runthejewels

Attachments

·
Dream Crusher
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Of course you can never leave the Omori Factory without a couple small expensive goodies for the whip. The best part about going there is seeing her again, but this time on the showroom floor.

Attachments

·
Dream Crusher
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
You have just done a bucket list trip of mine, a visit to Omori Factory and a dinner at Jiro's. The only difference is, I probably will never be able to accomplish it in my lifetime.

If I had known, I probably would ask you to ask the guys at Omori Factory about the mysterious origin of my Nismo upholstery. Supposedly it's called the Omori re-trim package, but I just can't find any solid information online. I even emailed Nismo, but they never got back to me.
Going to Japan is actually really go for us right now since the Yen is weaker than the US Dollar. Also, you can do Japan on a budget, but it takes some planning. Since I go there all the time, I've done most of the touristy stuff 20yrs ago. Every time I go back there's always something new to do though or repeat. Shoe shopping is a bad habit every time I go though Hahahaha. I highly recommend a JR rail pass if travel on the Shinkansen. the only thing that sucks is that most of the tuner shops are in the sticks. Usually a 1-2hr train ride. Shorter if you have headphones or with company. Also a pocket wifi is a must when traveling.

·
Dream Crusher
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
My problem is time rather than budget lol. Unfortunately I still like going back to my old home country of the Philippines too much so I save my vacation time to go back there for three weeks at a time twice a year if I can. I've technically been to Japan a whole bunch of times but just as a stop over on the way to the Philippines lol.

Do you speak Nihongo or travel with someone who does? I can understand some of it but can't read or speak it nearly enough to really make do. How hard is it to get around if you don't? It's hard enough to find an English-speaker at Narita International so I'd imagine it's a nightmare outside the airport lol. I love how bloody polite the Japanese are though and the young sales staff at the airport shops are always so genki
Love the PI! Japan is only a 4/5hr trip away. You should really go. It's pretty easy to get around. Well, I've been there so many times, it's easy to me. Google maps helps a lot if you want to go somewhere. It tells you which trains to take and what time to take it at. I speak and read a little Japanese so it helps a little.

·
Dream Crusher
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
**Update**

Love getting up dates. Car is now waiting for a tomei oil pump, spline drive kit, and suspension to be dialed in by Matsui San from Powerhouse Amuse doing a time attack w/video.

Pictures
-Amuse R1 titanium shift knob
-Nismo titanium strut bar

Attachments

21 - 40 of 183 Posts