Nissan GT-R Forum banner
81 - 100 of 379 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
I get that. Seems like it'd be easier to just get your r32 seats reupholstered or get new seat covers though. I got the Nismo ones for mine - hopefully I get a chance to work on them this weekend.
Nismo ones?!? I did not know those existed. Share a picture!!

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Nismo ones?!? I did not know those existed. Share a picture!!
Mine aren't installed yet so no pics but here's a link:

http://www.rhdjapan.com/nismo-pvc-leather-type-seat-cover-set-skyline-gt-r-bnr32.html

They're pricey but it's a full set for front and rear seats. I don't care for seats that don't look like they match lol.

There's also this one as a cheaper alternative:

http://www.rhdjapan.com/superior-black-carbon-look-seat-cover-full-set-r32-s13-r33-s14-s15-fd-ae86.html

·
Registered
250 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
2,822 Posts
Ughhhh, why do you do this to me? Now I have to buy them!
Lol

Speaking of turbos from your thread/build, I'm getting the Garett 2860R I believe. You guys know much about those?

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Lol

Speaking of turbos from your thread/build, I'm getting the Garett 2860R I believe. You guys know much about those?
Are you getting the -7 or the -5? The GT2860R-7 is the same spec as the R34 N1. Basically the same as the original R32/33 N1 turbos but with a ball-bearing CHRA instead of journal-bearing. Good for about 600ish hp. The -5 is good for 700ish but slower spool.

I was thinking of the -7 setup or GT2859R like in the HKS GT-SS for my car if I go stock location but right now I'm leaning towards the Full Race EFR high-mounts like I mentioned in other threads.

Are you doing anything special for the oiling issue btw? Has Do Luck recommended anything in particular for your car like a Tomei pump or whatever?

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Ughhhh, why do you do this to me? Now I have to buy them!
Your fault for getting a Nismo like me lol. I have to warn you though, fitting the Nismo covers on the front seats are a bitch and a half. I did my passenger seat yesterday and my fingers are still super sore and I have a cut on one now from doing it lol. And I'm still not done 'cause the belt holes are a real PITA. I'm gonna see if an upholsterer can help me with that part at least. The covers as they are look good at least - hard to tell they're covers.

·
Dream Crusher
2,822 Posts
Are you getting the -7 or the -5? The GT2860R-7 is the same spec as the R34 N1. Basically the same as the original R32/33 N1 turbos but with a ball-bearing CHRA instead of journal-bearing. Good for about 600ish hp. The -5 is good for 700ish but slower spool.

I was thinking of the -7 setup or GT2859R like in the HKS GT-SS for my car if I go stock location but right now I'm leaning towards the Full Race EFR high-mounts like I mentioned in other threads.

Are you doing anything special for the oiling issue btw? Has Do Luck recommended anything in particular for your car like a Tomei pump or whatever?
From the invoice, all it says is "Garett 2860R turbo Kit GCG"

It was suggested by Ito San. The car will be making around 550hp. As for pumps. I'm getting a Nismo fuel pump, a SARD fuel regulator, and a HKS fuel delivery pipe.

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
From the invoice, all it says is "Garett 2860R turbo Kit GCG"

It was suggested by Ito San. The car will be making around 550hp. As for pumps. I'm getting a Nismo fuel pump, a SARD fuel regulator, and a HKS fuel delivery pipe.
Actually I was asking about what you're doing for oil pumps since oiling is a known weak point with the RB so I was wondering if they had recommended you an upgraded pump, replacement crankshaft, changes to the sump, or any of that other stuff.

·
Dream Crusher
2,822 Posts
Actually I was asking about what you're doing for oil pumps since oiling is a known weak point with the RB so I was wondering if they had recommended you an upgraded pump, replacement crankshaft, changes to the sump, or any of that other stuff.
Gotcha! As for oil, I only see a HPI oil cooler, but I'll have to ask and see what's up. I know those engines have weak points as you've mentioned.

I'm going to look into getting an accusump.

·
Dream Crusher
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Just wanted to give an update. The struggle still continues. I'm not really sure anymore when my car will actually be completed. Last month I've actually reached the point to stop asking and caring... I guess it'll be a surprise to me the day I receive an invoice for the labor. I have never ever thought that it would take this long.

Anyone interested in a gunmetal1990 Nissan Skyline GTR? hahahahaha...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just wanted to give an update. The struggle still continues. I'm not really sure anymore when my car will actually be completed. Last month I've actually reached the point to stop asking and caring... I guess it'll be a surprise to me the day I receive an invoice for the labor. I have never ever thought that it would take this long.

yes

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts

R32 builds do seem to get out of hand lol. Mine looks like it'll be March or April at the soonest but it'll be fully fresh once it gets done. It seems so far away lol.

·
Dream Crusher
2,822 Posts
R32 builds do seem to get out of hand lol. Mine looks like it'll be March or April at the soonest but it'll be fully fresh once it gets done. It seems so far away lol.
The day my car gets here, I'm cracking open a bottle of Yamazaki sherry cask, because it'll be a special day. Hahahaha

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
The day my car gets here, I'm cracking open a bottle of Yamazaki sherry cask, because it'll be a special day. Hahahaha
That's a great idea! I'm going to have to get some bubby ready for when my car gets done lol.

·
Dream Crusher
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Got an update today right before I head off to Japan tomorrow too.

Ito San said, "The R35 air flow has big flow back so need Apexi pressure sensor, install, and then adjust.
other parts all finished. Will need a little more time to finish."

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Getting closer to getting it

·
Dream Crusher
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Had the chase to stop by Power House Amuse today. Really great to meet them and having them work on the next phase of my build.

Attachments

81 - 100 of 379 Posts