Nissan GT-R Forum banner

illpayne's 1990 Nissan Skyline GTR R32

52K views 378 replies 49 participants last post by  TwistedGray 
#1 ·
After a long search, I finally bought a Nissan Skyline! This is just about as exciting when I first bought my R35. The bad part is that I have to wait till June to get the car. This is a car that I've wanted since '96. I was a high school foreign exchange student in Tokyo. My host sister's friend had a black R32. He took me out for a ride; right then and there I wanted one.

In the mean time, I'm looking to have some work done to it while its still is Japan.

Pics will soon come.

#142 · (Edited by Moderator)
UPDATE:

Finally! I've been waiting for this moment since I bought the car 1 year and 9 months ago. Seeing the car roll up was something special. It was like Christmas.

This weekend I had a lot of free time so I cleaned out the car and installed my "new old" seats.

The cleaning begins

The floor mats are old and busted. I have Nismo floor mats coming in soon

clean and safe paper mat

The Dyson sucking up that old dirt

Not exactly ballin', but I found 50 yen!

I like the stock R32 seats, but they had to go. I went with something a little more updated to my liking that will work best for me when I install my roll bar and harnesses.

The "old old" seats

The "new old" R34 Vspecr ii seats

Next on the list is to install clear corner light housing, replacing some trim and interior panels, adjust suspension and corner balance the car, and install the spline drive kit.

#143 ·
That exhaust clip is Sex bro, make sure to add some more vids to your IG :]. Youre one lucky dude, I wish I had the funds right now to mod the shit out of mine... But adult things like marriage is over due :[ LOL goddamn ring could be a nice turbski upgrade! Also.. Nice seats as well, those have got to be comfortable as Fk.

#144 ·
Thanks! Yes, I know what you mean hahaha.

I just did a video on my GoPro, but there's a lot of static in the audio. I have to do a another recording to see why there was static. Anyhow... I was able to get on it for a quick taste tonight. With the 100 octane in her, she runs great.

I was also had an idea of installing a lipstick camera on the passenger mirror tapped into a small screen that I could mount by rear view mirror to see a live feed of the cars coming when I make left turns. I think that would be awesome to do.

#146 ·
I remember the ARC intercoolers when I was living in Japan with my R33. Definitely top of the line quality! Looks great!

#152 ·
Those R34 seats are nice! Hopefully the day for me to enjoy my car like this comes soon lol.

#153 ·
The tape deck is getting the boot this weekend. I'll be upgrading the deck with this bad boy. I've been back and forth about doing a double din, but couldn't come to grips with modding the center trim and brackets.

Attachments

#154 ·
Tape deck was cool a quick minute, but had to ditch it for something a little more modern. HDMI, hands free calling, USB, camera, and updated speakers. Ditched the ETC device for the Japanese toll roads. I would have probably kept it if it spoke to me when starting the car hahaha.

Attachments

#156 ·
Garage Bomber oil catch can finally installed. Aki of GMG/Garage Bomber made this beauty. I'm now ready for R's Day this Saturday!

Attachments

#157 ·
Oh my god. I went through this whole thread and thought I was dreaming it myself. I really hope I get a chance to do this myself when the R34 becomes 25 and I have the money to buy my ultimate dream car the GTR Nismo Z-tune. Please lord save one for me LOL. illpayne I hope we meet up one day. I'm in Glendale.

#159 ·
Oh my god. I went through this whole thread and thought I was dreaming it myself. I really hope I get a chance to do this myself when the R34 becomes 25 and I have the money to buy my ultimate dream car the GTR Nismo Z-tune. Please lord save one for me LOL. illpayne I hope we meet up one day. I'm in Glendale.
The Z Tune is a beauty to see in person. If I ever got the lotto, I'm getting that car. Hahaha. I'm around LA. Don't usually go to shows anymore, but every once in a blue moon I'll go to Super Car Sunday or Cars & Coffee.

#160 ·
Car looks great and some nice upgrades, congrats!!
Thank you. I finally got a chance to take it out on at Laguna Seca, but it was mostly in the wet. Hopefully I'll get another shot next month at Big Willow to see see how well she does.

#161 ·
Christmas came a little early and santa brought some gold for the lady.

Ikeya Formula suspension parts:

Ikeya Formula Roll Center Adjuster Lower Arm Kit Pillow Ball Type BNR32

Ikeya Formula Front Upper Link Set Nissan

Ikeya Formula Adjuster Rear Lower Arm Set Nissan

Ikeya Formula Rear Camber Adjuster Upper Arm Set Nissan

Ikeya Formula Strengthened Tie Rod End Set BNR32

Ikeya Formula Rear Traction Adjuster Rod Set Nissan

Dropping the car off today to get them installed, alignment, and corner balanced. Hopefully a shake down later this month or in January.

Attachments

#162 ·
I just added a bunch a photos of Z-Tune #1 taken on the weekend here:

#167 ·
back here to drool at the ikeya links some more
My friend whose doing he installed just returned from vacation. Hoping the install, corner balance, and alignment will be done soon. Hopefully before I leave for Japan next month.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.