Nissan GT-R Forum banner

*Immediate Release* The All NEW ETS PRO1700

10K views 36 replies 21 participants last post by  Catman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
The Pro1700 has arrived!!!

Here at TopSpeed we have been silently testing several different turbo combinations and setups for our friends at ETS over the course of the last few months. We have done a lot of same car back to back testing on several different turbo charger setups as well as inlet size, downpipe size. We have also experimented together with turbine housing combinations as well as compressor cover combos with various turbo lines. The in depth data and knowledge we have gained has been a real catapult for not only us but ETS as well.

I have to take a moment and say that the guys at Extreme Turbo System really are some of the most top notch individuals in the entire industry. They are true racers, enthusiasts, and genuinely quality helpful people. I am humbled and honored for my company to have the opportunity to work so closely with such a great group.

That all said they have put together an amazing package with this all new Pro1700 Kit! The power output on this car was absolutely mind blowing! Spools like a 35R car and makes power like a 3794 turbo. Driving this car on the street was absolutely unparalleled for the power. Spool and consistent pull through the power band honestly felt like an ELITE car with 400 more HP. In my opinion this is the PERFECT turbo kit setup for someone looking to make 1600-1700hp, with very very drivable and quick response.

The dynograph below tells the tail. This was done on our 4.1 stroker engine with our Level2 head package. Controlled by a Motec M1 ECU and driven by a Shep Stage4 transmission. The car was unfortunately on a pretty tight deadline with the owner so at this time we have very little real world data such as 1/2 mile and 1/4 mile times, however rest assured that won't be the case for long. When compared to the other cars on our dyno making the same power I am confident the Pro1700 kit will easily see 7 second passes as well as 210+ in the 1/2 mile.

I will say feel free to ask any questions that you may have but I am not at liberty to disclose the exact turbo combination used on this Pro1700 kit. That is for ETS to disclose if they feel so inclined.

Also as a little shameless plug this build is something we stock most of the parts to complete, and it carries the same exact FULL YEAR warranty as our TSM ELITE builds do! That warranty is backed by both us and ETS combined! 1700hp with confidence!

If you are interested in a kit to ship to your shop of choice you can give us a call as we offer preferred pricing, or feel free to contact ETS directly if you feel so inclined. Ship time from order date ranges from 3-4 weeks.

Pro1700_zpspntrt4l1.jpg

Pro1700Pump_zpsa915s8t9.jpg

Turbo%20Kit%203584-Small_zpse17mcyf7.jpg

See less See more
#5 ·
Also as a little shameless plug this build is something we stock most of the parts to complete, and it carries the same exact FULL YEAR warranty as our TSM ELITE builds do! That warranty is backed by both us and ETS combined! 1700hp with confidence!
This is freakin insane dude.

#6 ·
Crazy! These are the stock location kings

#11 ·
My GTR will be the first with TSM 4.4 Striker, level 3 max effort Race heads, Shep Stage 5 with Wavetrac and Quaiffe differentials, TSM Motec M1 and ETS Pro1700 to be commissioned and Tuned by TSM. Although 7 also has 4.4 with Pro1700, but his engine is Jotech, so it will be good to compare.

Currently Doug @ WGP is finishing off Dry Sump, Tranny and Diff Coolers, Tractive suspension, RB ST-CCX Big brake kit, Engine and Tranny installation, AMS CF IM with 12 injector setup, FI Triple walbros setup and some other goodies.

I can't wait to see the performance I will be able to attain with this setup!

Let me tell you as an owner it has been a delight dealing with Doug @ WGP, Cicio @ TSM, Michael @ ETS. It has also been a nightmare dealing with some other vendors and shops with orders taking 4-6 months and still not delivering. FML.

Don't get cheated by prices or promised quality and deadlines. Go directly to someone who knows what the fuck they are doing and have been doing it consistently with top performance and superb feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 ·
What would be a comparable competitor to this? The Alpha16X? Anyone have a graph or experience to compare? This would be a great fit with the billet 4.1 and stage 4 tranny upgrade planned over the winter. Do you need to go dry dump with this?

#18 ·
I meant billet crank not block. A billet block is a check I just won't write!!! Would you say the only comparable setup would be a 16X or X kit?

#20 ·
Oh yes billet crank for sure :)

We have not done a 16x kit yet so I can't speak first hand to that. However I also haven't really seen any impressive numbers out of them yet so I'm just not sure.

I think the AlphaX kit would out perform this as far as top end power... I think I have seen those go 186mph in the quarter which I don't think this kit would do. However for driving and spool this kit would be much more responsive.

#19 ·
Spool would be much much lazier
Impressive kit and build, you guys continue to rock and seems you are soon to be the kings of stock location too!

I just have a question regarding 3.8 VS 4.1 VS 4.4, what are the factors that makes a customer like me chose one engine from another, seeing how every shop advocates a different displacement?

Is the response improvement from 3.8 to 4.1 similar to 4.1 to 4.4?

Also seems many shops advise to not stroke the engine if it is intended to be used for 3 years+ without refreshing.

Also could you tell us your opinion or even overlay the dynos if possible of this Pro1700 with your shop car Pro1900 and your customers billet 4.4 Pro1900? What would you say is each setup sweet spot or intended use?

#21 ·
Spool would be much much lazier

Impressive kit and build, you guys continue to rock and seems you are soon to be the kings of stock location too!
I just have a question regarding 3.8 VS 4.1 VS 4.4, what are the factors that makes a customer like me chose one engine from another, seeing how every shop advocates a different displacement?
Is the response improvement from 3.8 to 4.1 similar to 4.1 to 4.4?
Also seems many shops advise to not stroke the engine if it is intended to be used for 3 years+ without refreshing.
Also could you tell us your opinion or even overlay the dynos if possible of this Pro1700 with your shop car Pro1900 and your customers billet 4.4 Pro1900? What would you say is each setup sweet spot or intended use?
Good questions!!

Honestly we do strokers very different than anyone else in the industry... at least that I have seen. I believe we have stayed committed to the program longer and as such have simply fought through the weak links in order to provide a reliable engine for our clients. So while I can't say for others I can say for us that the reliability of our in house built strokers is on par with any 3.8 up to 2000hp. I give the 2000hp caveat simply because we haven't beaten on one of our engines with above that yet.... so I stop where my experience stops.

The stroker engines are simply way way more fun to drive on the street in my opinion and easier to make fast both at the track and in Mexico. I don't have to spin the engine quite as high to create an even broader power band. There is no denying that a well built 3.8 can be super super fast, however when you throw a 1500-2000hp turbo on them they suck to drive! That's my opinion anyway.

As for spool there is a much greater increase in spool from 3.8 to 4.1 than there is from 4.1 to 4.4.... the stroke does more than the piston size.

Refreshing,

let's be real here... if you are making 1700hp on a little 6cyl, and using your car at 8-10 events a year... it doesn't matter if god himself stitched the engine together with angle hair, you should refresh it ever 2-3 years max. Now if it's built correctly I don't believe it matters if it's a stroker or not at that power level. Granted I don't have a ton of 3.8 experience at that level simply because I really don't like them, but knowing what I know about engines I think there are a few tricks to making a stroker just as strong and once those are done the reliability is the same.

I can overlay dynos yes, however the dyno really doesn't tell the tail of the Pro1900. The reason is that with an intermediate size turbo like that (meaning big but not forward facing) you really need tons of air flow and load to make them make power. I think the max we saw on my car on the dyno was 1830 or something like that. However given the load and air restrictions on the dyno it would only make 46psi. Well on the track the car makes 52-53psi no problem. So while dyno may say 1830.. it's really probably making mid 1900s at the track. Which I believe is evident with an almost 190mph trap.

When it comes to use it's all about what you want... more power means more risk but you go faster, bigger turbos means less spool but you go faster. LOL! If you wanna go well into the 7s then the Pro1900 is for you. If you want an absolutely amazing street car that will touch 7s in the 1/4 then the Pro1700 is for you.

I hope that answered your questions. Feel free to continue to ask more if you have them!

#24 ·
Good questions!! Honestly we do strokers very different than anyone else in the industry... at least that I have seen. I believe we have stayed committed to the program longer and as such have simply fought through the weak links in order to provide a reliable engine for our clients. So while I can't say for others I can say for us that the reliability of our in house built strokers is on par with any 3.8 up to 2000hp. I give the 2000hp caveat simply because we haven't beaten on one of our engines with above that yet.... so I stop where my experience stops. The stroker engines are simply way way more fun to drive on the street in my opinion and easier to make fast both at the track and in Mexico. I don't have to spin the engine quite as high to create an even broader power band. There is no denying that a well built 3.8 can be super super fast, however when you throw a 1500-2000hp turbo on them they suck to drive! That's my opinion anyway. As for spool there is a much greater increase in spool from 3.8 to 4.1 than there is from 4.1 to 4.4.... the stroke does more than the piston size. Refreshing, let's be real here... if you are making 1700hp on a little 6cyl, and using your car at 8-10 events a year... it doesn't matter if god himself stitched the engine together with angle hair, you should refresh it ever 2-3 years max. Now if it's built correctly I don't believe it matters if it's a stroker or not at that power level. Granted I don't have a ton of 3.8 experience at that level simply because I really don't like them, but knowing what I know about engines I think there are a few tricks to making a stroker just as strong and once those are done the reliability is the same. I can overlay dynos yes, however the dyno really doesn't tell the tail of the Pro1900. The reason is that with an intermediate size turbo like that (meaning big but not forward facing) you really need tons of air flow and load to make them make power. I think the max we saw on my car on the dyno was 1830 or something like that. However given the load and air restrictions on the dyno it would only make 46psi. Well on the track the car makes 52-53psi no problem. So while dyno may say 1830.. it's really probably making mid 1900s at the track. Which I believe is evident with an almost 190mph trap. When it comes to use it's all about what you want... more power means more risk but you go faster, bigger turbos means less spool but you go faster. LOL! If you wanna go well into the 7s then the Pro1900 is for you. If you want an absolutely amazing street car that will touch 7s in the 1/4 then the Pro1700 is for you. I hope that answered your questions. Feel free to continue to ask more if you have them!
Very thorough and well written reply, kudos to you Cicio. This is why TSM has been excelling with a passionate leadership.

My GTR is 4.0 with Alpha12 Turbos. I make around 1150WHP on kill. I have been eyeing the A12X until I started hearing about this Pro1700.

So it seems you recommend the Pro1700 for true street use. Since you offer both 4.1 and 4.4, and it seems they are priced the same for top of the line with race heads, what is the main difference between the two then? Why would you advise a customer to go 4.1 or 4.4?

It seems BAZ007 is building a GTR with you guys with 4.4 and Pro1700, it will be very interesting to see what number you pull out of his GTR compared to this 4.1 Pro1700 one!

When can we expect numbers on that GTRs? Any plan to run either at the 1/4 and 1/2 once they are done? Very keen to see performance figures. Sorry about the barrage of questions!

#26 ·
Very thorough and well written reply, kudos to you Cicio. This is why TSM has been excelling with a passionate leadership.

My GTR is 4.0 with Alpha12 Turbos. I make around 1150WHP on kill. I have been eyeing the A12X until I started hearing about this Pro1700.

So it seems you recommend the Pro1700 for true street use. Since you offer both 4.1 and 4.4, and it seems they are priced the same for top of the line with race heads, what is the main difference between the two then? Why would you advise a customer to go 4.1 or 4.4?

It seems BAZ007 is building a GTR with you guys with 4.4 and Pro1700, it will be very interesting to see what number you pull out of his GTR compared to this 4.1 Pro1700 one!

When can we expect numbers on that GTRs? Any plan to run either at the 1/4 and 1/2 once they are done? Very keen to see performance figures. Sorry about the barrage of questions!
Honestly at this level the 4.4 or 4.1 will work just fine. In order to do a 4.4 a little more material has to come out of the block so I don't recommend doing them over 1800hp on the factory casting. That said it isn't because we have seen failures simply just a theory.

We aren't doing BAZ007's build, we got involved in it a little after the fact and supplied an engine for it. WGP is putting it all together and we are tuning it for him. I'm not sure the plans for that car as far as events as I know it is pretty quickly going over seas. So as for time frame I'm pretty out of the loop on that as well.

#27 ·
Honestly at this level the 4.4 or 4.1 will work just fine. In order to do a 4.4 a little more material has to come out of the block so I don't recommend doing them over 1800hp on the factory casting. That said it isn't because we have seen failures simply just a theory.

We aren't doing BAZ007's build, we got involved in it a little after the fact and supplied an engine for it. WGP is putting it all together and we are tuning it for him. I'm not sure the plans for that car as far as events as I know it is pretty quickly going over seas. So as for time frame I'm pretty out of the loop on that as well.
I'm bit confused

What's the bore x stroke on 4.0, 4.1 and 4.4 engines?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.