Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic has been covered repeatedly, and it seems like the consensus is that you really have to DIY to replace them. Nissan apparently refuses to sell the filters separately apparently. However, I'm getting ready to put new pumps in and my mindset has always been to replace the filters with the pumps.

What I can't seem to find on the forum is anyone actually having issues with reusing the filters that were in the car. I currently have 35K miles on the car and I'm expecting to see some gunk...but will I run into major issues reusing the same filters?

Curious to see others' experiences with this. I'm blown away that none of the vendors have found a nice and easy solution to this (outside of in line filters of course).

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I know this topic has been covered repeatedly, and it seems like the consensus is that you really have to DIY to replace them. Nissan apparently refuses to sell the filters separately apparently. However, I'm getting ready to put new pumps in and my mindset has always been to replace the filters with the pumps.

What I can't seem to find on the forum is anyone actually having issues with reusing the filters that were in the car. I currently have 35K miles on the car and I'm expecting to see some gunk...but will I run into major issues reusing the same filters?

Curious to see others' experiences with this. I'm blown away that none of the vendors have found a nice and easy solution to this (outside of in line filters of course).
Have a read of earicos post and how he solved it. That`s the method i`ll be using when it`s time. I just ordered four filters from Summit racing to have at home at home in case of an emergency. The pre pump fuel socks can look really bad. I checked mine last week one was a little dirty but not to bad, the other was clean. This is his post;
DIY Replacement of fuel pump pre filters GT-R Technical support -Engine

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Thought of doing this when i dropped in ASNU 330Ls but opted to wait until it is warranted since mine were still pretty clean - didnt want to permanently alter the setup until i have to.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Thought of doing this when i dropped in ASNU 330Ls but opted to wait until it is warranted since mine were still pretty clean - didnt want to permanently alter the setup until i have to.
Yeah i agree. When i checked mine was also at the time that i dropped in the Asnu 330s. My car has only done 7000 miles so i didn`t expect any surprises,but now i`ve switched to E85 i`ll check more often. Ben L advised me to check once a month.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Wow, once a month??? Are your flex fuel or E85 exclusively?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Just now only E85 it`s very easy to get a hold of, all the gas stations have it.
Once in a while though i will fill up with a tank V-Power 98 octane.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts