Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,155 Posts
Not sure how it happened because it was totally an impulse buy, but I ended up buying an AMS carbon intake manifold from Matt over at Induction Performance. I was told it would be a 6 week wait time on the manifold. If I remember correctly the thing showed up in less then 7 days. Shortest 6 weeks EVER. I doubt that will happen again for someone else but.................................it happened for me lol.

Unfortunately I was not able to have it installed right when it came in because my car was at Fabshop waiting on my Shep 1K. As soon as I had my car back from Douglas I took it straight to Matt, Vic and the crew at IP. While the car was there we had some delays that were completely out of IP's control (my fore rails didn't fit with the AMS manifold). Matt went out of his way to insure that was taken care of and was able to get me a set of AMS rails overnighted (special thanks to Eric Gaudi).

IP modified my GotBoost pipes to work with the AMS manifold so I wouldn't have to buy a whole new piping kit and have to deal with the hassle of selling of my GotBoost pipes. They did an excellent job. They re powder coated my pipes to freshen them up after the new welds and also powder coated the brackets to make sure it all matched.

Since I had put about 600 miles on the 1K trans I decided to have them dump that fluid and put in fresh fluid per Sheps recommendation. I also had them do an engine oil change for me while they were at it.

The way I was treated, kept up to date on everything that was happening and the final result were all exceptional to say the least.

· GT1R Flame Thrower Edition
2,149 Posts
What those of yall that haven't seen one of these manifolds in person don't understand is that it truly is a piece of artwork! I couldn't believe how perfect it looks in person.
#RichAsShit

· Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What those of yall that haven't seen one of these manifolds in person don't understand is that it truly is a piece of artwork! I couldn't believe how perfect it looks in person.
#RichAsShit
Wait til you see it on the car in person.

· R35 member
3,069 Posts
Not sure how it happened because it was totally an impulse buy, but I ended up buying an AMS carbon intake manifold from Matt over at Induction Performance. I was told it would be a 6 week wait time on the manifold. If I remember correctly the thing showed up in less then 7 days. Shortest 6 weeks EVER. I doubt that will happen again for someone else but.................................it happened for me lol.

Unfortunately I was not able to have it installed right when it came in because my car was at Fabshop waiting on my Shep 1K. As soon as I had my car back from Douglas I took it straight to Matt, Vic and the crew at IP. While the car was there we had some delays that were completely out of IP's control (my fore rails didn't fit with the AMS manifold). Matt went out of his way to insure that was taken care of and was able to get me a set of AMS rails overnighted (special thanks to Eric Gaudi).

IP modified my GotBoost pipes to work with the AMS manifold so I wouldn't have to buy a whole new piping kit and have to deal with the hassle of selling of my GotBoost pipes. They did an excellent job. They re powder coated my pipes to freshen them up after the new welds and also powder coated the brackets to make sure it all matched.

Since I had put about 600 miles on the 1K trans I decided to have them dump that fluid and put in fresh fluid per Sheps recommendation. I also had them do an engine oil change for me while they were at it.

The way I was treated, kept up to date on everything that was happening and the final result were all exceptional to say the least.

Instant car show winner. As soon as you pop your hood, everyone else might as well close theirs. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using GT-R Life mobile app

· Registered
10,370 Posts
Looks insane and the dyno graphs out on this intake are sick !!! Congrats.

· Registered
72 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.