Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
The finish and machining quality on the wheels is much better than expected. They are low pressure cast. Just plan on using them on the drag strip. Will see what happens, had a lot of traction problems last time out. I could not justify spending 3 times the price on rims I use a few times per year.

Just using them on the rears currently, the overall diameter is extremely close to the factory tires. Planing to go my local 1/8 mile next week and see how they work out.

Varrstoen 18x10.5 +15 (volk replicas)
Nitto NT05R 315/40/18

Combo is 56.3lb on my digital bathroom scale.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks great, I was going to do the same setup.. What was the total btw?
The wheels were $450 direct and the tires were $522 from discount tire on sale on eBay. With shipping and mounting and balancing have a shade more than $1100 in them. The wheels have tons of brake clearance you could even go to the +22 18x10.5 with out issue, the +15 is pretty flush, but no rubbing at all.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good luck with those
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/147987-fake-whe...oken-wheel.html

but i think you may want to try something else that wont have worries braking on the heavy R35.
Those are Rota's they are known for poor quality, these wheels are made in a different factory and to a higher standard, they are popular with 350/370z and BMW guys that track their cars, I have not seen the Rota cracking issues with these wheels on other cars.

I would not open track these wheels, as the stresses are much higher than drag racing with high profile soft tires.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
The wheels were $450 direct and the tires were $522 from discount tire on sale on eBay. With shipping and mounting and balancing have a shade more than $1100 in them. The wheels have tons of brake clearance you could even go to the +22 18x10.5 with out issue, the +15 is pretty flush, but no rubbing at all.
Question 1: Has anyone tried these as a front and rear setup (call me vain, but I like matching wheels). If so what tires and rim sizes in 18"s would clear the front calipers?

Question 2: If I just went rears looks like the diameters are pretty close to my front 285 R888's (ie 28.03 vs 27.7 fronts). Has anyone run these in the rear with R888's in front? Problem is I no longer have any regular wheels :)

·
GODZIRRA
906 Posts
Looks good, in for results!

·
JDM R35 Premium
2,033 Posts
how much are the MT 18" street drag radials??

·
Registered
657 Posts
I ran this setup on my black GTR with OEM fronts and MT 345 rears for over 2k on the street and the track. They have been over 160mph+ hit plenty of pit holes in the city and are still 100%

They never let me down and all for about 1200 bucks.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I ran this setup on my black GTR with OEM fronts and MT 345 rears for over 2k on the street and the track. They have been over 160mph+ hit plenty of pit holes in the city and are still 100%

They never let me down and all for about 1200 bucks.
What rims?

·
Registered
657 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
wow these are cheap and great

why didn't you go with 12" wide so you can run 345/35 nt05r or 345/35 MH or 345/35 MT .. this would be a perfect setup for getting traction

regards.
They dont make a 12 version of the wheel. Just a 10.5"
I mounted 345/18 MTs on them and other then not being ideal for turning fast ( which drag radials fail at anyway ) they gave me no problems.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
They dont make a 12 version of the wheel. Just a 10.5"
I mounted 345/18 MTs on them and other then not being ideal for turning fast ( which drag radials fail at anyway ) they gave me no problems.
Wow! 345's on a 10.5" do you have a better pic you could post then your signature one showing the fit. Having said that, from looking at your signature you are still complaining about traction and only doing a 1.72 60', is that still true? Is that 93 octane or E85?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.