·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just tested my injectors - ID1300x
1 of them is stuck wide open

Video:
Streamable Video

The injector has been wide open for roughly 6 months I assume.

concerns:

1) Can I just get a new set of the same injectors and be good to go? I’ve heard that ID injectors can vary and my tune won’t get along with them

2) cylinder wash - I’m getting a compression test done as soon as I get new injectors in. But, I’m pretty afraid that the fuel ate the oil on the cylinder walls and might have done some damage. I’ve had zero issues, drives great and pulls hard. I noticed the rpm needle slightly dancing when at 2500 rpm in 4th gear. never smokes except when doing a pull for the first time in a few days (normal). Oil levels never go up. Burns about a quart between oil changes.

·
Registered
350 Posts
1. Should be able to just replace the injectors with the same ones, as long as the really critical parameters like injector latency don't change significantly.

2. If you've been driving on a stuck injector for a while it may have done some damage, get a borescope in there and do a compression test.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just tested my injectors - ID1300x
1 of them is stuck wide open

Video:
Streamable Video

The injector has been wide open for roughly 6 months I assume.

concerns:

1) Can I just get a new set of the same injectors and be good to go? I’ve heard that ID injectors can vary and my tune won’t get along with them

2) cylinder wash - I’m getting a compression test done as soon as I get new injectors in. But, I’m pretty afraid that the fuel ate the oil on the cylinder walls and might have done some damage. I’ve had zero issues, drives great and pulls hard. I noticed the rpm needle slightly dancing when at 2500 rpm in 4th gear. never smokes except when doing a pull for the first time in a few days (normal). Oil levels never go up. Burns about a quart between oil changes.
It sounds like your tune has gotten along well with an injector that didn't work at all. I don't think a working one is gonna be the straw that broke the camel's back.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1. Should be able to just replace the injectors with the same ones, as long as the really critical parameters like injector latency don't change significantly.

2. If you've been driving on a stuck injector for a while it may have done some damage, get a borescope in there and do a compression test.
I couldn’t tell much with a boroscope since I couldn’t see the side walls well but here’s a pic of cylinder 3 (injector stuck open) and cylinder 4.
I see a ton of carbon build up on 3. I assume from the excess fuel. But from the small amount of cylinder wall I did see, I saw no scuffs or dings

Gadget Finger Vehicle Gas Display device

Gadget Finger Automotive design Display device Auto part

1 - 5 of 5 Posts