Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, just looking for some help on whether I require injectors or not. I have a 2009 stock GTR other than a cobb v3 with tcm and I have purchased a 102mm stainless armytrix exhaust including catless y-pipe and AMS catless downpipes. I'm having a shop install and tune the car but will I have issues with just the stock injectors or is it a worthwhile upgrade to install ID 1050's while I'm doing this. I plan on doing the rest of the bolt on upgrades next summer including a AMS race intercooler, AMS carbon fiber 3 inch intake, gotboost 3 inch turbo inlets. I wont be running E85, Ill be using 94 octane husky fuel since I live in Alberta Canada and don't have easy access to ethanol. Thanks!!

·
Vendor
3,046 Posts
Hello everyone, just looking for some help on whether I require injectors or not. I have a 2009 stock GTR other than a cobb v3 with tcm and I have purchased a 102mm stainless armytrix exhaust including catless y-pipe and AMS catless downpipes. I'm having a shop install and tune the car but will I have issues with just the stock injectors or is it a worthwhile upgrade to install ID 1050's while I'm doing this. I plan on doing the rest of the bolt on upgrades next summer including a AMS race intercooler, AMS carbon fiber 3 inch intake, gotboost 3 inch turbo inlets. I wont be running E85, Ill be using 94 octane husky fuel since I live in Alberta Canada and don't have easy access to ethanol. Thanks!!
You can get away with factory injectors but you won't be able to max out the setup.

Aftermarket intakes will do nothing for you right now, just put K&N drop in filters in the factory boxes it's more than efficient enough for your setup.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya not looking to max out my setup yet, I just wanted to know if doing a full exhaust with downpipes, after it was tuned on a dyno if I would be overworking my injectors at that point. I just wanted a good sounding exhaust with alittle extra power until next summer where I wanted an Alpha 7 build, followed by a fully built alpha 9 with a shep one k transmission.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.