Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now soon to innstall my second Bride seat in the GTR,Bride Stradia II.
I have airbag sensor resistors for both sides,but what to do about this
sensor on the passangers side that tells the vehicle that there is a person in the seat??
Any good solutions?

·
Registered
479 Posts
I am now soon to innstall my second Bride seat in the GTR,Bride Stradia II.
I have airbag sensor resistors for both sides,but what to do about this
sensor on the passangers side that tells the vehicle that there is a person in the seat??
Any good solutions?
Disassemble (Read Destroy) your stock seat and remove the bladder to be placed under the cushions of your new seat.

·
Vendor
5,237 Posts
Nothing you can do, other than to swap over the sensor from the OEM seat.

Works Bell makes their U-Turn harness, but it is only effective sometimes. I believe a Consult is also required to initially turn off the airbag light.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont think that is a good idea for my oem seats.....LOL
I am wondering,isnt this just a sensor that gives a certain signal when somebody is sitting
in the seat?If it is,is it ohm or voltage it delivers?Is it just closing a circuit,or giving 12v to the ecu?
Should be possible to bridge this signal so it thinks that there is always someone in the seat,thats my thought....
Anyone with knowledge of this?

It is better that the airbag goes off without any in the seat than not going off with your girlfriend in it.
So therefore just bridging the signal in any way would do it for me.....

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Airbag issues like this are the reason why I have not upgraded my seats yet, there needs to be a solution to all these issues before I feel comfortable. I wouldnt feel right driving the car with a passenger knowing that the airbag might not go off in an accident.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am wondering,isnt this just a sensor that gives a certain signal when somebody is sitting
in the seat?If it is,is it ohm or voltage it delivers?Is it just closing a circuit,or giving 12v to the ecu?
Should be possible to bridge this signal so it thinks that there is always someone in the seat,thats my thought....
Anyone with knowledge of this?

It is better that the airbag goes off without any in the seat than not going off with your girlfriend in it.
So therefore just bridging the signal in any way would do it for me.....
Ive tried testing resistance on the occupant sensor and replicating with resistors on the plug with no luck. Also if the plug is just tricked then the passenger airbag will not deploy and i feel that's a safety issue that shouldn't be risked.

What I do is just take off the OEM seat cushion with 4 12mm bolts. Remove all the hog rings that hold the cover on and pull the occupant sensor out. Then with a nice set of hog ring pliers the cover can easily be put back on (or you can leave it off if you ever decide to go back to stock you can put sensor back in). Then just put the occupant sensor into the aftermarket seat under the cushion and plug it in no problem. Everything will work just like stock. I've installed seats in 6-7 cars with no issues and no airbag light.

Also the light can be reset if you forgot to disconnect battery without consult 3.

If anyone has another solution that keeps the airbag functioning properly without having to do all this that would be awesome, but for now I feel this is the best way.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also the light can be reset if you forgot to disconnect battery without consult 3.

HOW?

Because my airbag light is on,I forgot to disconnect battery:(

·
Registered
52 Posts

HOW?

Because my airbag light is on,I forgot to disconnect battery:(
From mrpsev:

1. Turn the key from off to on. (don't start engine)

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

If it does not work the first time, just repeat the steps again.

This works. But if your occupant sensor isn't plugged in it will not turn off.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From mrpsev:

1. Turn the key from off to on. (don't start engine)

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

If it does not work the first time, just repeat the steps again.

This works. But if your occupant sensor isn't plugged in it will not turn off.
I have tried this several times,but it dont work for me.....I will give it some more try,but seems hopeless:(
I havent taken out the oem passenger seat yet,will disconnect battery before I do.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You need to make resistor for the drivers side seat to bypass any air bag lights to trigger. I believe the passenger side comes on because it has a weight sensor in the seat. There is a mechanism in the seat your suppose to take out, zip tie it up to trick the sensor as if someone is sitting in the chair. So when you plug your new resistor into your passenger seat it tricks the air bag light as if someone is already sitting in the seat. Other than that, there is no way around it, without taking out the weight sensor.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You need to make resistor for the drivers side seat to bypass any air bag lights to trigger. I believe the passenger side comes on because it has a weight sensor in the seat. There is a mechanism in the seat your suppose to take out, zip tie it up to trick the sensor as if someone is sitting in the chair. So when you plug your new resistor into your passenger seat it tricks the air bag light as if someone is already sitting in the seat. Other than that, there is no way around it, without taking out the weight sensor.
But this weight sensor,cant be so hard to take out?It may be faulty and then the Nissan mechanics must take it out
and change it....right?

·
Registered
52 Posts
But this weight sensor,cant be so hard to take out?It may be faulty and then the Nissan mechanics must take it out
and change it....right?
It's really not that hard to take out. Like I've said, I've done 6-7 of them no problems. Then make sure you have Works Bell U-Turn harness for air bag connectors. You can also use resistors on those but the Works Bell units are fused and worth the money I think.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a set of works bell harness.....so I will try take out the weight sensor and plug it back.
And to get to reset the airbag lamp.

·
Registered
202 Posts
There was a nice step by step write up at one point, but the person who wrote it took it off when he found out i was putting seats in my car. any how i had the u bell resistors and they worked. just be paitient! Doug at Fabshopmiami Did it for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts