Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been asked this question so posting the information up here.

This is a time consuming process, so make sure you have at least 90 minutes in hand. The results are well worth it, IMO so... (Thanks to Ben Linney/GTC for providing me with these instructions). Make sure you have the newest version of the AP Manager (the firmware updater has been rolled into the manager so do update this before you begin this process).
  • The first thing you need to do is uninstall the AccessPort from the vehicle. This is very easy but takes a bit of time. During the uninstall and reinstall process the battery will drain quickly and you DO NOT want the battery to die during the process. You need to put a charger on the car during the process to ensure this doesn't happen. (I did this without the charger but my battery is 3 months old and I had just gotten back home post a 20-30 minute drive).
  • Just toggle the AP to the 'uninstall' screen and follow the directions.
  • Make sure you have the latest version of the firmware updater/AccessPort Manager!!! This is essential.
  • After you've uninstalled the AP, hook it up to your computer and open the AccessPORT Manager software. You will need to setup the alternate location update as below. Download F/W through AP Manager: http://www.accessecu.com/support/accessport/alpha (see attached file as to where to enter this location)
  • You will now reinstall the AP to the vehicle. Plug the AP into the vehicle and follow the directions. It is not necessary to save the factory files on installation, it will only make the process take significantly longer.
  • When it asks you what mapping type (speed density or MAF), choose the option that your car was tuned on. (for me this was MAF)
  • When it asks you for the transmission type, use the LC4 VDC off program.
  • The entire process is very simple and straightforward, but a little time consuming with the uninstall and reinstall requirement.

NOTE: You can not do gear relearns and clutch adjustments with the AP and LC4 at this time. If you do need to make adjustments, you'll have to do this entire process again to go back to an older LC program, make the adjustments, and then go back to LC4 again so do the gear relearn before you go down this route.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thx Puneet for the detailed instructions.

I received a similar set of instructions from Cobb directly. Cobb says upgrade the AP firmware FIRST, then uninstall. Not sure if it makes a difference.

Also, with the latest firmware (1.6.5.1-3275), i could do gear learning and adjust the 2 parameters.

Been asked this question so posting the information up here. This is a time consuming process, so make sure you have at least 90 minutes in hand. The results are well worth it, IMO so... (Thanks to Ben Linney/GTC for providing me with these instructions). Make sure you have the newest version of the AP Manager (the firmware updater has been rolled into the manager so do update this before you begin this process).
  • The first thing you need to do is uninstall the AccessPort from the vehicle. This is very easy but takes a bit of time. During the uninstall and reinstall process the battery will drain quickly and you DO NOT want the battery to die during the process. You need to put a charger on the car during the process to ensure this doesn't happen. (I did this without the charger but my battery is 3 months old and I had just gotten back home post a 20-30 minute drive).
  • Just toggle the AP to the 'uninstall' screen and follow the directions.
  • Make sure you have the latest version of the firmware updater/AccessPort Manager!!! This is essential.
  • After you've uninstalled the AP, hook it up to your computer and open the AccessPORT Manager software. You will need to setup the alternate location update as below. Download F/W through AP Manager: http://www.accessecu.com/support/accessport/alpha (see attached file as to where to enter this location)
  • You will now reinstall the AP to the vehicle. Plug the AP into the vehicle and follow the directions. It is not necessary to save the factory files on installation, it will only make the process take significantly longer.
  • When it asks you what mapping type (speed density or MAF), choose the option that your car was tuned on. (for me this was MAF)
  • When it asks you for the transmission type, use the LC4 VDC off program.
  • The entire process is very simple and straightforward, but a little time consuming with the uninstall and reinstall requirement.
NOTE: You can not do gear relearns and clutch adjustments with the AP and LC4 at this time. If you do need to make adjustments, you'll have to do this entire process again to go back to an older LC program, make the adjustments, and then go back to LC4 again so do the gear relearn before you go down this route.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I uninstalled first and did the firmware upgrade after. Dont think that point will make a difference.

The gear relearn is great news. Did you do this post loading the LC4 maps? I think once you load LC4, you cannot do the relearns. Let me know if this works! Will happily edit my post.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I uninstalled first and did the firmware upgrade after. Dont think that point will make a difference.

The gear relearn is great news. Did you do this post loading the LC4 maps? I think once you load LC4, you cannot do the relearns. Let me know if this works! Will happily edit my post.
didn't you read my memo lol

yes LC4 now 100% working with gearbox relearn and clutch/TP adjustment

ben

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.