Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my insurance strait on the gt-r, since you have that 30 day grace period I was milking it of course! Lol. I saved 700$ every 6 months with the gt-r over the Evo. That's nuts! Anyone else have similar experiences?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
My GT-R is the cheapest car for me to insure. Its cheaper than my daily driver a 2012 Altima with the same coverage.

I think the insurance companies do not have sufficient crash data as its a limited production car.

·
Turbo AWD or Nothing
1,223 Posts
Hmm Insurance costs the same as my STi....I wonder if its because of my age.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Evo is the highest rated car in America unfortunately. Too many kiddies able to afford the VIII's now and thinking they're Tommi Makinen. Pretty sweet that the GT-R is cheaper though. I pay about $600 every six months for my soon-to-be-sold Evo X.

·
GoldMember
1,086 Posts
The insurance underwriting game is all about "Perceived Risk". All they care about is how much premium they collect compared to how much in claims they pay back out.

I guess the bottom line is that people that own GTRs are not routinely wadding them up. At least not as often as people that drive EVOs?

If you are getting a great deal on insurance who are you getting it from? - Allstate, Statefarm etc?

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Evo is the highest rated car in America unfortunately. Too many kiddies able to afford the VIII's now and thinking they're Tommi Makinen. Pretty sweet that the GT-R is cheaper though. I pay about $600 every six months for my soon-to-be-sold Evo X.
Plus the Evo has no security features! The viii's that is

·
[ MotorMotives ]
541 Posts
Now that I have my VIN, it's time to start shopping around

hopefully it won't be as high as I expect it to be!

-AJ

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^ try gecko! I should ask if they want to sponsor my car! So I can heavily modify it! Lol! Wouldn't that be something! I'll even put the little green guy on the side of the car.

·
GoldMember
1,086 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.