Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While changing the oil on my 2014 Premium this weekend (with newly acquired Race Ramps, great stuff!) I opened the hood for the first time since I had my 12 month POS done at the dealer. I noticed that 2 of the 4 allen bolts that hold down the plastic intake manifold cover were loose or missing. Coincidentally or not, when I drove the car home from the POS I notice some backfiring that was not preset before. I just figured it was part of the re-learn process after the POS as everything was reset and it hasn't done it since.

Questions:

- Is a tight seal of the plastic intake manifold cover necessary/important? The drives side rear bolt was missing the and front one on that same side was loose enough to fall out soon.

- Should I be concerned enough to have the POS re-done so the ecu goes through any re-learning process with the cover secured correctly or will adding/tightening the bolts with no other action be fine?

Thanks for your help guys!

EPZ32

·
Registered
876 Posts
The cover is for cosmetic reasons only. I have driven without one for extended periods.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.