Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, firstly I am not here to stir things up and start a forum wars between the two brand. I know that both brands are great and I just want some advice and opinions here...

Finally, my GTR new built engine and the new turbo kit installation will begins tomorrow and I am having huge difficulties making the decision between the two manifold. I have both with me. I am a carbon fiber freak and also I am a big AMS fan. In fact, the majority of the parts on my gtr are from AMS. However, some people, including my tuner told me that if I were to go higher than 1200hp, I should use the Boost Logic Intake manifold as it can definitely stand much more power/boost. I would love to go with AMS, as I am a fan and it's made of CF but, it is very likely that I will go higher than 1200hp so...I am not sure which one to go with. Please note that Boost Logic manifold is also top notch quality and looks very decent. I love CF but for me reliability always comes first.

I would truly appreciate some input please...Thank you...

·
Registered
3,750 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, because even if I ended up not using the AMS one, I'm gonna put it in the glass frame and hang it on the wall.

NNL

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Yes, because even if I ended up not using the AMS one, I'm gonna put it in the glass frame and hang it on the wall.

NNL
That sounds fair

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not sure why you think you can't use the AMS manifold on a car over 1200whp when there are a few 2000whp gtrs using this manifold....clearly the one that holds the quarter mile record.

·
GT1R Flame Thrower Edition
2,177 Posts
Who is your tuner?

The AMS manifold has been stress tested by T1 to almost 60psi, you'll be good with it for sure

·
Registered
461 Posts

NNL
Sounds like I need a better job... you hiring? Lol

On topic: I would almost wait and see what Ben's new manifold design does. It looks sick and I like the 6 ITB design.

Sent from my SM-G900V using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
as much as I love ben's design and ITB's, its not going to make more power than the AMS manifold, its very similar and would be better suited towards road course where better throttle response would be wanted.

·
Registered
461 Posts
^ You may be right, but I'd still love to be a back/back dyno of the two designs and a DD review between the two. I personally think Ben's will out perform the AMS in every area.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts