Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my build includes transmission, engine with upgraded stock frame turbos (gt28). Making around 800whp.
I kept the stock intercooler pipping and it worked fine but now some Of the rubber hoses are looking distended and old so I think it's time to upgrade.i have ams race intercooler and I'm wondering what my options are and what people would recommend.
Also if I get tial BOV would the car require to be retuned?
Thanks

·
R35 Owner
284 Posts
I will be using GotBoost IC piping to match my intakes. As for the Tial BOV's I do not think the affect the tune. Maybe someone can confirm or deny this.

·
Will trade patents for car parts
508 Posts
I went with Got Boost upper and lower IC pipes with Tial BOVs. If your aftermarket BOVs are not recirculation-type, you should consider a speed density setup. I am going speed density and vent-to-atmosphere type BOV.

·
Knowledge is recession proof!
4,212 Posts
While GotBoost has a nice kit, the piping is routed in the factory form which maneuvers around the factory air boxes. I would look into the Boost Logic pipes, the routing is more of a straight shot.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
While GotBoost has a nice kit, the piping is routed in the factory form which maneuvers around the factory air boxes. Because of this, the enlarged piping tends to come to close to the fixed side tabs and end up scratching. I would look into the Boost Logic pipes, it looks better and the routing is more efficient.
Thank you yes I've been looking at that one too.
Do you know if I would need to be retuned or its just a minor a/f check

·
Knowledge is recession proof!
4,212 Posts
Thank you yes I've been looking at that one too.
Do you know if I would need to be retuned or its just a minor a/f check
From my knowledge, the IC pipe upgrade wouldn't necessitate a tune, but a tune wouldn't hurt. It would only be beneficial, in that you would be able to extract the most out of your modifications.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone knows of the boost logic will fit the ams race intercooler?
Or which kit will fit this intercooler?
I would get the ams induction kit but It comes with intakes which increases the price.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I run AAM 3" Upper/Lower Intercooler Piping with Tial QR (Recirculating BOV's). Going to swap the intercooler soon with AAM R-Line to complete the setup. I am on the Ecutek tune btw by Bill at SIR.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone ended up getting the boost logic. It looks great.
I'm just hopping that the bottom pipes fit my ams race IC

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Holding out for the new GotBoost setup - being redesigned for compatibility with ETS Race IC

·
Vendor
2,775 Posts
Thanks everyone ended up getting the boost logic. It looks great.
I'm just hopping that the bottom pipes fit my ams race IC
I don't think they will. The BL pipe kit (according to their website) is designed for use with factory piping, or their BL intercooler kit. That means they still use those factory pancake pipes at the bottom of the intercooler. The AMS race intercooler doesn't use those. But I'm sure any shop with fabrication capabilities will be able to modify the lower pipes to fit for you.

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
While GotBoost has a nice kit, the piping is routed in the factory form which maneuvers around the factory air boxes. Because of this, the enlarged piping tends to come to close to the fixed side tabs and end up scratching. I would look into the Boost Logic pipes, it looks better and the routing is more efficient.
While our kit does come close to the fixed side tabs, if it is installed correctly it does not hit and scratch the piping. The Boost Logic pipes while another option interfere with many of the cold air intakes on the market including ours. The routing of their piping being more direct causes it to pass in a location that hit many air intake tubes, thus the kit will not fit with as wide a variety of cold air intakes as ours.

Also our kit comes with a mounting bracket like oem so the piping doesn't flop around.....I don't know of another kit that has that.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts