Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Phoenix and summer is right around the corner. This is important. 馃ぃ

Anyone else have their AC work kinda intermittently? First time I've noticed an issue, but yesterday I noticed that, at idle or low RPM, it blows somewhere between cool and cool-ish or flat out warm. On the freeway, it seems to work fine. I have two theories:

1 - It may need recharged (AKA, there's a leak) but this seems strange for a 2016 with only ~12000 miles...
2 - There's an underdrive pully somewhere...gotta look into that.

Thoughts?

Registered
You gotta hook up pressure gauges to see what's going on. If the freon has leaked then pressure may not be sufficient to kick on the pressure switch allowing the compressor to engage. If it's low then have them throw in some dye on the refill so they can check for leaks later on.

Reactions: longlivetheZ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You gotta hook up pressure gauges to see what's going on. If the freon has leaked then pressure may not be sufficient to kick on the pressure switch allowing the compressor to engage. If it's low then have them throw in some dye on the refill so they can check for leaks later on.
Yea, I don't have any of that. I've got tools and stuff but I don't have any HVAC stuff. It's going to Pitstop Tuesday to have a fuel pressure sensor installed and I'm going to have them give it a once-over while it's there. I'll have them check it out. Was wondering if maybe it was a known issue or something. Guess not.

Thanks.

Registered
Yea, I don't have any of that. I've got tools and stuff but I don't have any HVAC stuff. It's going to Pitstop Tuesday to have a fuel pressure sensor installed and I'm going to have them give it a once-over while it's there. I'll have them check it out. Was wondering if maybe it was a known issue or something. Guess not.

Thanks.
I'm not aware of any AC issues that are specific to the GTR. The AC system is fairly simple so it should not be a problem to diagnose. Typically, if the AC doesn't blow cold then the pressure is too low and it won't engage the pressure switch to engage the compressor clutch. This means you have freon leaking somewhere, which could be something simply or it could mean you're replacing AC parts. Regardless, gotta start with the basics, which is checking the low side and high side pressures.

Registered
I live in Phoenix and summer is right around the corner. This is important. 馃ぃ

Anyone else have their AC work kinda intermittently? First time I've noticed an issue, but yesterday I noticed that, at idle or low RPM, it blows somewhere between cool and cool-ish or flat out warm. On the freeway, it seems to work fine. I have two theories:

1 - It may need recharged (AKA, there's a leak) but this seems strange for a 2016 with only ~12000 miles...
2 - There's an underdrive pully somewhere...gotta look into that.

Thoughts?
The Air conditioner on the GTR is very good. You just need to hook up gauges and check it out. I can take a look at it next week if you want.

Super Moderator
The Air conditioner on the GTR is very good. You just need to hook up gauges and check it out. I can take a look at it next week if you want.
There you go...hard to get anything better than that!

Alexd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts