Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Have you ever had your car parked by a valet?

Lets be honest - What goes through your mind?

I can tell you what goes through mine -

...someone possibly joy riding in your car..

I can't have a good time when those thoughts go through my mind, so I always park myself.

Those days are OVER!

Introducing EcuTek RaceRom Valet Mode !

EcuTek RaceRom Valet Mode is a mode - not additional map.

When enabled it will reduce the functionality of your GTR.

It does this in a few different ways.

1. It prevents the car from accelerating fast
2. It has a Speed Limiter that variable by distance driven.
3. Security - User sets a custom PIN when enabling Valet Mode so only he can disable Valet Mode.

-John

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
thats definitely a sweet feature

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
Thanks for uploading this just for us!

It looks like big time wheel hop with the 5000rpm launch (but that is to be expected....).

When the guy says "perfect" after the 5k launch, I hope he is not one of the tuners/sales people. The stock trans can't handle that kind of abuse and that is not good advice to be giving....

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for uploading this just for us!

It looks like big time wheel hop with the 5000rpm launch (but that is to be expected....).

When the guy says "perfect" after the 5k launch, I hope he is not one of the tuners/sales people. The

stock trans can't handle that kind of abuse and that is not good advice to be giving....
Wheel hop -- eeek!

I know i know..

It's the owner of the car - and it has a Shep Tranny ;)

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Very cool John! I think the "three strikes and you have to wait" feature is essential as otherwise it just takes someone about 2-3 minutes or so to turn it off (the temp gauge gives 270-120 = 150 numbers to try and you can likely get an up/cancel/red dial/try again sequence down in about 2 seconds with the likelyhood of hitting "the number" within the first 1/2 of that range). A couple of other questions/feature suggestions:
  • Can valet mode be turned on with the car running (sort of the same method as map switching)? Most times you're driving into valet, you don't want to sit there like a putz shutting off the car, punching the cruise control buttons to arm, then hand over the keys after causing a lineup. Nor do you want to have to find a place 1/2 a block away to stop, shut off the car, arm the valet mode, then crawl into valet (and hope you don't run out of mileage before you get there or will cause the valet to run out of mileage getting to the parking spot and back).
  • Can the speed and mileage limits be set by the user via the cable and PC software? Be handy to be able to set it to 0.5 miles and 10 mph while you're away on vacation so someone could pull it out of the garage if needed, and then put it back to say 30 mph and 5 miles for everyday use.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very cool John! I think the "three strikes and you have to wait" feature is essential as otherwise it just takes someone about 2-3 minutes or so to turn it off (the temp gauge gives 270-120 = 150 numbers to try and you can likely get an up/cancel/red dial/try again sequence down in about 2 seconds with the likelyhood of hitting "the number" within the first 1/2 of that range). A couple of other questions/feature suggestions:
  • Can valet mode be turned on with the car running (sort of the same method as map switching)? Most times you're driving into valet, you don't want to sit there like a putz shutting off the car, punching the cruise control buttons to arm, then hand over the keys after causing a lineup. Nor do you want to have to find a place 1/2 a block away to stop, shut off the car, arm the valet mode, then crawl into valet (and hope you don't run out of mileage before you get there or will cause the valet to run out of mileage getting to the parking spot and back).
  • Can the speed and mileage limits be set by the user via the cable and PC software? Be handy to be able to set it to 0.5 miles and 10 mph while you're away on vacation so someone could pull it out of the garage if needed, and then put it back to say 30 mph and 5 miles for everyday use.
Currenlty the engine must be turned off to enable valet mode... I agree with you, I would like to be able to turn it on/off with the engine running

The 2-3 minute lock out feature is also a great idea.

I've mentioned all of this to EcuTek this morning, and it's been added to the to-do list.

Currently they're wrapping up their TCM stuff and will begin working on the ECM stuff again

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
are they working on Ramp in maps and things for the 2 step kind of launches?

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
well i know when i was talking to Ryan with the Syvec system... he said on the transmission side of things, they were working on developing ramp maps for the clutch engagements and stuff to allow basically the car to sorta slip on the clutches vs just violently engaging them. i guess its just a ramp map for the pressure or something.. not 100% sure.. but definitely a key thing that will help launch these cars safer

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.